What's new

Dream breakfast

I cant believe a chicken fried steak has only been mentioned once!
Chicken fried steak with white gravy
2 eggs over easy
Crispy hash-browns
4 pieces of sourdough toast
glass of fresh OJ and some coffee

Eaten on the side of the middle fork of the salmon river in Idaho before a long day of whitewater rafting =)

M

modern man

Salma Hayek, eh. Jessica Alba is okay, I guess.

Go for broke...

proxy.php

:w00t:

I'll take some scrambled eggs, some fried eggs, some bacon and sausage, a short stack of buttermilk or apple pancakes, toast AND a bagel, OJ and some tea. That's right, boys. Not coffee, but Tea!!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
mondays need cheering up ...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwQBI_ltB_c&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

V

VR6ofpain

My soon to be wife (in a weeks time I will be married) picked me up some Cafe Du Monde Beignet Mix the other day. I got some oil and plan to cook some up in a small cast iron pan in the morning. Honestly beignet's and coffee is pretty hard to beat...and I live on the west coast!

Pic of them:
proxy.php

proxy.php

I don't think a good breakfast requires grotesque excess; rather, reasonable excess, like so:

• Thick sliced toast, loaded with
  • one large egg, over easy, and
  • three breakfast sausages, near a
  • bowl of Irish oatmeal, topped with brown sugar, a touch of cream, and followed by
  • a sliced Fuji apple, all washed down with
  • a tall, cool glass of orange juice and
  • a hot cup of tea

I'm a sucker for Eggs Benedict, Huevos Rancheros, or my wife's homemade pancakes w/ real Canadian grade B dark syrup! Also have to have home made OJ (which is the ONLY OJ allowed in my house) and some freshly roasted coffee.

Honestly my favorite breakfast is any one that I don't have to make myself.

+1 (almost)

I go with that as long as whatever it is that was made was done right.

Although there is a breakfast that I once made was voted "best ever." It was when a group of us camping next to a trout stream in the mountains. I made Eggs Benedict, complete with Hollandaise that I made from scratch. It was almost over the top for a bunch of trout bums.

Top Bottom