What's new

My new breakfast indulgence.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
scrambled eggs with heavy whipping cream. The cream makes them so rich. I am usually an over easy guy, but haven't had them that way in 3 weeks. Anyone else do this?

My dad taught me to put a splash of milk or a quick shot of water in the eggs to help keep them moist. Next time we have a little heavy cream in the fridge I think I'll give it a shot! Always looking for ways to improve my breakfast sandwiches!

I usually add whole milk to mine and have used half-and-half before. Think I will stop by the store this evening for some heavy whipping cream.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I had scrabbled eggs last weekend. I was thinking of trying with cream but had none on hand so just used milk. Will pick some cream up and give it a go for sure.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I do now.
You'll like it
My dad taught me to put a splash of milk or a quick shot of water in the eggs to help keep them moist. Next time we have a little heavy cream in the fridge I think I'll give it a shot! Always looking for ways to improve my breakfast sandwiches!
Same here- we had run out of whole milk, I saw the cream and thought "What the heck?"

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I use Creme Fraiche.
Ok, I just looked that up. When I got to International High On Prices (IHOP) I always get their country omelet which comes with sour cream as a topping. I will give the Creme Fraiche a try.

I'll have to try this ... do you use the same volume of heavy cream as whole milk? I don't measure the milk exactly when I add it to the egg batter, I just eyeball it. But should I use more, or less, or about the same amount?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Did you have bacon with those eggs?
Will a towel wrapped around your head protect you from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal? Is the trick of flying throwing yourself at the ground and missing? :001_smile

on edit: fixing smilie

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'll have to try this ... do you use the same volume of heavy cream as whole milk? I don't measure the milk exactly when I add it to the egg batter, I just eyeball it. But should I use more, or less, or about the same amount?
I use about the same amount- just eyeballing it. When you beat the eggs and cream it will thicken up a bit and get really silky.

I've added heavy cream to my grocery shopping list. I'll pick some up when I go to the store today or tomorrow.

My latest breakfast indulgence has been Canadian Toast, a recipe I invented a few years ago but haven't used in a while. Same ingredients as French Toast, but I toast the bread beforehand, dice up the toast into half-inch cubes, then submerge them in batter and let them soak for 5 or 10 minutes. Finish it off as if you were making scrambled eggs.

I can make this in large batches, 6 eggs and 6 slices of bread, and the leftovers will keep for about 3 days and I just need to heat them up in a microwave. Top it off with sour cream or applesauce, and maybe a drizzle of Sriracha sauce. MMMM, mmm, good!

Top Bottom