What's new

A journal of a Cajun's life wet shaving

But his Bay Rum shaving soap is pretty nice, and I really like his "Cubes" for pre-shave.
agreement yes GIF by South Park

He makes some great scents and soaps, I will give him that. How he obtained some of the formulas for the scents and other things he did, let us say, all of that has deterred my desire to do business with him. It was a personal decision after I did some digging. If I didn't dig I'd be in hog heaven with all his stuff. He makes quality stuff, all the bs he did wasn't needed as his products would have flown on their own merit.

He makes some great scents and soaps, I will give him that. How he obtained some of the formulas for the scents and other things he did, let us say, all of that has deterred my desire to do business with him. It was a personal decision after I did some digging. If I didn't dig I'd be in hog heaven with all his stuff. He makes quality stuff, all the bs he did wasn't needed as his products would have flown on their own merit.
+1, my first brush was a Starcraft, and it was pretty good, but never actually tried his soap. Some of the scents sound interesting, and by all accounts they perform well. And some people are put off by it, but I kinda dig his kitschy sci-fi vibe. But with so many quality artisans out there who aren't shady arseholes, I'd rather support them. :thumbup1:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I know he's a shady character as is his buddy @ the other place in Arizona, but I use his Cube 2.0 non-mentholated a lot and I love that little Filament plastic razor PAA offers. The PAA bar shampoo is among the best I've used so far... the unscented ones. As has been mentioned, he seems to offer some good products in spite of himself. I have some of his unscented CK-6 soap and while it's ok... I prefer Canada Shaving Soap and a few other unscented soaps/creams I have.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I know he's a shady character as is his buddy @ the other place in Arizona, but I use his Cube 2.0 non-mentholated a lot and I love that little Filament plastic razor PAA offers. The PAA bar shampoo is among the best I've used so far... the unscented ones. As has been mentioned, he seems to offer some good products in spite of himself. I have some of his unscented CK-6 soap and while it's ok... I prefer Canada Shaving Soap and a few other unscented soaps/creams I have.
Eh, if he had something I liked enough and couldn't get a similar product elsewhere, I'd be the same way. I knew some about his shady past when I bought the Starcraft brush, I just really liked the brush. But at this point, the only thing he sells that would interest me is his soap, and there's tons of other soaps I want to try.

Eh, if he had something I liked enough and couldn't get a similar product elsewhere, I'd be the same way. I knew some about his shady past when I bought the Starcraft brush, I just really liked the brush. But at this point, the only thing he sells that would interest me is his soap, and there's tons of other soaps I want to try.
This is my feelings as well. I have no issue with anyone using his products if you want to. I would if he had something I couldn't live without and snuff out the guilt with a few fingers of whiskey. ;)

300+ Shaves in 2024 182 of 300+
July 2024 GRUME 14/31
Shave Date 7/18/2024
Razor:
1950s British Ball End Tech
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)
Pre-Shave: Leaf Pre-Shave Oil, RE Heritage Pre-Shave Soap.
Soap Noble Otter Lonestar
Brush: Zenith Unbleached Boar.
Post-shave: Alum Bock, Thayer's Witch Hazel, Mother Bear Winter Balm, Nivea Cooling Balm, Lonestar A/S.
Rating: 28/30 10 for Comfort, 10 for cuts and weepers(1), 8 for smoothness, neck stubble, BBS on the face, and DFS+++ neck.

Notes:

Last Tiger of the tuck and I will move on to a better blade. The unbleached Boar whipped up a fantastic lather from the Noble Otter Lonestar. The scent of Lonestar is great, one of my favorite, leather scents among other manly scents. You'll smell like a leather saddle that passed through fields of sage and other aromatic flowers, minus the skid marks from the cowboy, the best of both worlds. Noble Otter soaps are much harder than PAA or the RE Heritage soap, much in line with B&M soaps. I could easily shave with Noble Otter soaps and not miss anything about PAA soaps. The two Noble Otter soaps I have are among my favorites, and they are made right up the road in the Houston area.

My primary tech is out today which presents challenges in workflow, as a result, I shall have to cut it short today. I wish all a blessed Thursday, and may all your shaves be the best.

IMG_3479.jpeg

300+ Shaves in 2024 182 of 300+
July 2024 GRUME 14/31
Shave Date 7/18/2024
Razor:
1950s British Ball End Tech
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)
Pre-Shave: Leaf Pre-Shave Oil, RE Heritage Pre-Shave Soap.
Soap Noble Otter Lonestar
Brush: Zenith Unbleached Boar.
Post-shave: Alum Bock, Thayer's Witch Hazel, Mother Bear Winter Balm, Nivea Cooling Balm, Lonestar A/S.
Rating: 28/30 10 for Comfort, 10 for cuts and weepers(1), 8 for smoothness, neck stubble, BBS on the face, and DFS+++ neck.

Notes:

Last Tiger of the tuck and I will move on to a better blade. The unbleached Boar whipped up a fantastic lather from the Noble Otter Lonestar. The scent of Lonestar is great, one of my favorite, leather scents among other manly scents. You'll smell like a leather saddle that passed through fields of sage and other aromatic flowers, minus the skid marks from the cowboy, the best of both worlds. Noble Otter soaps are much harder than PAA or the RE Heritage soap, much in line with B&M soaps. I could easily shave with Noble Otter soaps and not miss anything about PAA soaps. The two Noble Otter soaps I have are among my favorites, and they are made right up the road in the Houston area.

My primary tech is out today which presents challenges in workflow, as a result, I shall have to cut it short today. I wish all a blessed Thursday, and may all your shaves be the best.

View attachment 1879920
Have a lovely Friday, John

This is my feelings as well. I have no issue with anyone using his products if you want to. I would if he had something I couldn't live without and snuff out the guilt with a few fingers of whiskey. ;)
There's three shaving vendors on my no-fly-list, two of them are in AZ. But, if they had something I really wanted, I'd probably just buy it. I don't have any particular love for Jeff Bezos either but I still use his service when it's convenient.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Not really a secret in these parts, the Superior Shave in Florida. Mostly a straight razor storefront but he does sell other stuff too.
Ah, I don't use them anyway. Thanks. I buy most my stuff from Italian Barber, Maggard, Fendrihan, and The Razor Company, in that order from most to least. Products and support have been great across the board, but sometimes it takes IB and TRC a bit to get the boxes to the post office. Maggard and Fendrihan are lightning quick.

Whew, I'm glad I'm not alone!

🤣 I read the post quickly and missed the context too.

@cajunrph I think the wording was fine, but I just wanted to pile on and give you the gears too 😆.

Haha, I think the wording was fine too. I think this was the thing, I read it quickly and my brain saw “Tech” and missed the context switch from shave to work. 🤣🤣
All of our minds must work alike, not only do I speed read and add content not in the words, I speed hear, finishing the sentence of the talkers in my mind, sometimes it's quite hilarious, but often the prudent thing is to keep it to myself, which I often fail miserably at, Haha.

Have a lovely Friday, John
Thanks, Mark, you as well. How is the back holding up since the surgery? Are you back to 100% or as close as you desire to be?

Top Bottom