What's new

Your Favorite Honeybee Soap

All right I was going to wait until putting a dent in some of what I already have. However after looking over the new website with its low prices and shipping charges, I find I'm forced to place an order at Honeybeesoaps.net. I mean what chance does a guy have in the face of these facts <shrug>.

So I first would like to know what's the diff in results between the three styles of soaps: puck, plain tub, tub w/ EO's added? More importantly what's something nice to try out for my maiden run? I know YMMV, but I want to see if a consensus forms around one or two items. Thanks.

Whenver a question like this is posed you'll likely get as many varied responses as you do responders. :wink: This is a highly personal preference.

For myself, I love her Floral Euphoria soap. I tend to gravitate towards EO-based soaps and I love florals. This particular soap contains rose, jasmine & sandalwood EOs. I can't really smell the sandalwood -- not sure how much she uses -- but the florals smell wonderful. And of course, like all her soaps the quality is first rate.

Like I said, this is strictly to see where a consensus forms. For instance so far Bay Rum has gotten a couple nods. I'm wondering what is the benefit of having the EO's added vs. not? Is it strictly to beef up the scent factor? Thanks for the responses so far.

I am waiting on a delivery of 6 pucks. Here what I ordered...

Lime
Victorian Rose
Orange Burst
Green Irish Tweed
Jasmine
Coffee Mocha

I'll post my impressions once I receive and use.

Well, I'm only going order one to test first and see what I think. Evbo's comments reminded me that I have lots of the deeper, masculine scents already so I want give a floral scent a try. I like the idea behind using the EO's, but don't want to spend that extra money just yet. I enjoy Tea Tree, Bay Rum, Vanilla and many of the scents being mentioned here. However for my trial run I went w/ Lilac. I love fresh lilac so I hope this is similar. Also ordered some lilac lotion for my wife. It'll be hard for her to get too pissy once I put a goodie in her hands too. :thumbsup:

Of the ones I have tried, Bay Rum and Jasmine are my top two. I have the Ye Old barbershop, I will give it a few more tries but I don't get what everyone else does about this scent.

I'm a fan of HoneySue's shave soaps, have used up several in the last couple of years.

Favorites:
Sandalwood
Almond
Bay Rum
Gardenia
Vetyver
Peony
Victorian Rose
Oatmeal, Milk & Honey

Don't care for:
Tea Tree
Old Spice type
Cool Water

Sensitive and react to:
Lavender

Haven't tried, but interested in:
Ye Olde Barbershop
Eucalyptus
Green Irish Tweed
Mayan Gold
Orange Burst

Regardless of 'flavor', the HBS soaps are lush, lather richly, and lubricate and provide really good razor slip. Lathers need to do three things; 1. retain water and moisturize skin and whiskers, 2. lubricate skin for razor glide, and 3. soften whiskers so they're easily cut. These soaps are 'best of breed'.

-- John Gehman

Of the ones I have tried, Bay Rum and Jasmine are my top two. I have the Ye Old barbershop, I will give it a few more tries but I don't get what everyone else does about this scent.
Don't sweat it. As we say, YMMV. :smile:

- Richard (who doesn't understand the appeal of Jasmine in either soap or tea)

I'm a HUGE fan of HBS Jasmine. To me, it smells just like a Hawaiian lei. It's one of the few shaving soaps that is so fragrant, you'll smell it from a distance. When I reorder with HBS, I will probably double up on Jasmine.

Dave

Honestly? All of them. Every single Honeybee soap I've tried has been fragrant, with super rich and creamy lather and the shave is hard to beat for the price.

Honestly? All of them. Every single Honeybee soap I've tried has been fragrant, with super rich and creamy lather and the shave is hard to beat for the price.

Nicely put. Unless you have a reaction to the particular FO or EO HBS soaps are amazing and can compete, IMHO, with the likes of "big boys" (Tabac, MWF, GFT, etc ...)

:001_wub: Coffee Mocha :001_wub:

While I'm completely in love with that "flavor", I really do agree with those who agree they're pretty much all top notch. It boils down to your personal fragrance prefs. Enjoy!

Top Bottom