What's new

Your Favorite Honeybee Soap

This is all very great news. Thanks for all the reviews fellas. Now I can't wait to get my Lilac and lather it up for a go.

I'll add yet another opinion to the already growing list of favorites. I'm currently downsizing my selection of HBS soaps to only my favorites which are in order:

Sandalwood Vanilla and Vanilla Oak (I can't decide between the two)
Ye Old Barber shop
Bay Rum

Others I've tried, but not the favorites:
Cedar
Musk
Old Spice
Oak moss

Ye Old BarberShop. What is that? Some kind of Pinaud or Masters scent? Those are the classic Barbershop smells to me.

The Ye Olde Barbershop is OK, not my favorite though. It is a warm, sugary, sweet scent with maybe a little bay rum thrown in there. Definitely powdery. I'd also call it a little perfume-y.

I just ordered Jasmine, Eucalyptus Spearmint and Sandalwood Vanilla. I'm crazy about Jasmine and looking forward to trying the other two!

Dave

They're all good, but here are my favorites:

Clean for Men (nice modern scent)
Old Spice (very nostalgic)
Lime
Juicy Strawberry
Cedarwood Amber

There are several more I plan to try. In addition to the above, I've tried Jasmine, Forest Pine, and Cherry Pipe Tobacco. These work just as well as the others, but I'm just not into the scents.

My advice is to TRY THEM ALL!!!!!!!!! :smile:

They're all good, but here are my favorites:

Clean for Men (nice modern scent)
Old Spice (very nostalgic)
Lime
Juicy Strawberry
Cedarwood Amber

There are several more I plan to try. In addition to the above, I've tried Jasmine, Forest Pine, and Cherry Pipe Tobacco. These work just as well as the others, but I'm just not into the scents.

My advice is to TRY THEM ALL!!!!!!!!! :smile:

I'd love to try just the one I ordered, but it's still not here after a week of waiting :cursing:. Hopefully Tuesday.

Well at long last it arrived. I picked the worst possible shipping method and it took 2 weeks. fyi: don't use parcel post. Never mind that now. I finally see what all the fuss is about. This is one fine performing soap. It produces a rich, creamy lather that provides excellent glide and cushion. This is one of the better performing soaps I now own, and I will now consider it to be one of my top 3. What a shave! And what a price! If you were on the fence about this, it's time to hop off and place an order. Two thumbs up.

While I find all the honeybee spa soaps lather well, my favorite as far a scent goes is:

Mayan Gold - rich deep strongly masculine
Yazu - a very bright citrus

Just ordered the Victorian rose soap and the Eucalyptus and spearmint shave stick for travel. Any idea how long the shave sticks last?

Glad this got bumped. I've used this soap twice now, and I am amazed by it's quality and performance. However I'm getting a mild reaction to the Lilac FO that is kind of a bummer. I think this soap is definitely worth a purchase but watch what flavor you get. You might want to consult w/ Sue before hand if you have sensitive or reaction-prone skin. Which I do not by the way. Except to this particular lilac oil I guess.

Right now my favorite is Ye Old Barbershop, but I just ordered Jasmine, Old Spice, and Sandalwood Vanilla. We'll see next week when the new soaps arrive.

I asked her about sensitive skin issues and this was her reply:

Hi,
Most sensitive skin types seem to have problems with florals, particularly lavender. Also, Dragon's Blood can be too strong for sensitive skin. Of my most popular soaps, those with the least reports of sensitivity include Bay Rum, Old Spice, Yuzu, Ye Olde Barbershop, Mayan Gold, Sandalwood. I also have had no reports of problems with any of the EO soaps. As every skin is different, probably the best approach is to use your own personal history with the types of fragrances that you had problems with, and avoid those.

Hope that helps.

I didn't want to take a chance, so I ordered a prepoured jar of unscented soap.

Go to the reviews for more specific comments from others. My favorites are (in order of preference)

Sandlewood
Miyake
Yuzu
Green Tea
Mayan Gold
Bay Rum

Her soaps are my favorite.

Right now my favorite is Ye Old Barbershop, but I just ordered Jasmine, Old Spice, and Sandalwood Vanilla. We'll see next week when the new soaps arrive.

Jasmine is my favorite scent, hands down. I am also very fond of HBS Sandalwood Vanilla. Hope you like both of these.

Dave

Jasmine would be my favorite from HBS followed by Bay Rum. I am one of the few who isn't turned on by the Ye Old Barbershop scent but that means there is that much more for those that are.

I just bought another three HBS soaps: coconut, bay rum and lime. Can hardly wait. I just might take a bit of the bay rum and lime and blend them.

Dave

Top Bottom