What's new

The Best aftershave out there!...

In my humble opinion of course.

I've said it before and I'm here to say it one more time just because I feel obligated to. I've tried upwords of 20 different aftershave products, and this one is far and away the best.

The product is called Em's moisturizing shaving & all purpose gel, and I figure it is not often tried because it is at the bottom of Em's toiletries section, and because it's listed as a shaving gel which, needless to say, we B&B members run away from like fire. However this product can be used as an aftershave gel and it is the best aftershave I have used. There's been a lot of talk around the shavex aloe vera gel, and this is basically what the em's place product is, except much cheaper, and with more goodies.

The ingredients are Aloe Vera, Glycerine, Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Jojoba, Evening Primrose Oil, Carbomer, Treithanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tetrasodium EDTA. and essential oils as applicable.

The as applicable relates to the different scents. The one I use is minty menthol, and it kills any razorburn, has a wonderful cooling sensation, and leaves the skin feeling wonderful with zero greasy or oily residue. I'm such a fan of this product that I sent out samples of it with all of the items I recently sold just so other people could see how great it is.

I know this was all very over the top and "drink the kool-aid" but I haven't heard of anyone else mentioning it, so I felt obligated to mention it to all of our wetshaving enthusiasts. This is a must try

I was one of the lucky ones to receive a sample of this, and I concur, it is a great aftershave.

The scent is pleasant, but leaves quickly so it won't interfere with aftershave. Actually it all leaves quickly, taking care of the skin, and leaving no trace of it's application. Wonderful stuff.

The moisturizing aspect is pretty well balanced with my skin, but in winter months other moisturizing will probably be necessary.

I had no idea this was a shaving gel too. Quite honestly I don't care much for menthol shaving creams so I probably won't be using it that way, but I'd like to hear what others have to say about it.

Well, the best aftershave ever is hands down AQUA VELVA. But this stuff sounds pretty good, for those rare occasions when I want something heavier.

-Mo

Well, the best aftershave ever is hands down AQUA VELVA. But this stuff sounds pretty good, for those rare occasions when I want something heavier.

-Mo
Mo,
Time to update the profile or are you Bi-coastal!:biggrin:

-Mo

Mo, good to see you back! Let us know how the move went and how you're making out.

Chris

Mo, good to see you back! Let us know how the move went and how you're making out.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks. The move is, well, over. Things are good here in SD. Except for the lack of Pastuer. I am out of Musgo Real splash (the second best aftershave ever), and faced with the possibility of having to order it. The horror. :eek: But getting off work at a reasonable enough hour to go kayaking on a regular basis more than makes up for it. (Yes, shocking, there are thinks of higher value in life than shaving supplies, it turns out).

-Mo

Slider - have you ever tried it as a shave gel just to see how/if it works?
As much as we all prefer brushes and lather, it's nice to know of good alternatives if we are ever in a pinch.

There are a number of Em's products that interest me whenever I hit her website. One of these days I'm going to get organized, write them all down and order them in her small sizes so I can see how they all perform. I'll add this product to the list. I've also heard really good things about her splashes and PSO. Don't hear as much about her creams and soaps but I know some guys here use them.

for those who don't like menthol/mint, you can get most of her products in 8 or 9 different EO combinations or unscented.

i knew i should have picked up that pj! one more item to add to the list next time i am at the coast. i better have my wallet stuffed before heading over there.

cheers,
ryan

Slider - have you ever tried it as a shave gel just to see how/if it works?
As much as we all prefer brushes and lather, it's nice to know of good alternatives if we are ever in a pinch.

There are a number of Em's products that interest me whenever I hit her website. One of these days I'm going to get organized, write them all down and order them in her small sizes so I can see how they all perform. I'll add this product to the list. I've also heard really good things about her splashes and PSO. Don't hear as much about her creams and soaps but I know some guys here use them.

for those who don't like menthol/mint, you can get most of her products in 8 or 9 different EO combinations or unscented.

I've never tried it as a shave gel, and I don't really plan to. I like using the brush WAY too much

I haven't tried many out there, and as much as I hate to pimp out darn near everything they make, I'm very impressed by the Floris ASB. At first I thought it was a bit greasy, but I later realised I can get away with about half the amount of product I would use with another ASB(which makes swallowing the price a bit easier).

I definitely have Em's and QED AS on my list though.

Top Bottom