What's new

Arko ?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ARKO good?

I bought 3 sticks of Arko 6 years ago and still have 2.5 sticks left. It performs well and I do not mind it. The scent that drives a few folks a bit squirrely from my readings over the years. Its a legend soap and will be around for many more years, Arko also has a assortment of creams and the scents are more pleasurable if that matters to some folks. When travelling to Mexico I used Arko stick all the time , insects(ants) do not like Arko from my experiences!:biggrin1:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I'm currently using Canada Shave Soap and it's wonderful stuff.

Wholeheartedly agree! It doesn’t soften my whiskers as much as ARKO!, but its ability to make a slick lather despite my lack of talent and how nice my skin feels after using it make up for it. Also, I’m sure there are enough compounds in the few, listed ingredients to delight any chemical-phobic enthusiast.

Well that went sideways quickly!

Broke me that it did. Archives of the OP’s other posts have benefited me greatly.

As my doctor says 'we've all got to die of sum'it'

Science tends to rationalize on what we know at a particular time in this space time universe.

Currently people are occupied with global warming and coming up with their theories like evolution. Nobody mentions the plants, trees, and crops which depend on cardon dioxide to grow and live. Some things in life can't answer the question 'why.' As the bible says the unseen is more real than the seen.

In the meantime I'll continue to shave, shower, and wash with ARKO as it does contain vitamins and antioxidants other chemically orientated products lack.

I read that hundreds of ingredients (cosmetic and/or food
Screenshot_2023-07-20-13-31-52-75_12ad2938a66916a2a2444683c545b98d.jpg

Try a thousand. It's why we can't have nice soaps.
Ohh, and the fragance !
So unique ,so complex :

Top notes : Fermented male cat urine with a hint of a soldier's woolen socks worn for seven days in a row

Middle notes : Black fungus flowers , underneath toenail cream

Base notes : Rotten citrus ,
fake citrus ,synthetic citrus ,
and artificial citrus with a hint of fine burned electronics smoke.
I don't get the ozone from burned electronics, but the rest is accurate.

From what I understand, the scent dies down after about seven years, regardless of packaging, as the other ingredients in the soap eventually neutralize the scent. Currently experimenting with 11 sticks vacuum sealed. One in use. I find the smell to be rather obnoxious in a 'wearing a Hawaiian shirt to a wedding' type of way, but repeated use and exposure seems to desensitize my nose over time. Performance is grand for the price. Wish it came in unscented or lightly scented versions.

I, on the other hand, choose only soaps that have ingredients that clean!:001_smile
Life's too short to shave with bath soap.

Funny fact. The primary difference between shaving soap and bath soap is that bath soap primarily 'cleans.' It's why shaving soap is considered a cosmetic product, and is heavily regulated, and isn't considered a basic soap product, which have little to no regulations placed on them. :angry:

It's one of the stupider decisions someone somewhere made, imo.

Life's too short to shave with bath soap.

Funny fact. The primary difference between shaving soap and bath soap is that bath soap primarily 'cleans.' It's why shaving soap is considered a cosmetic product, and is heavily regulated, and isn't considered a basic soap product, which have little to no regulations placed on them. :angry:

It's one of the stupider decisions someone somewhere made, imo.
Sorry...didn't intend for my post to be taken literally.
Just a rearrangement of words in your quote. :001_smile

Top Bottom