What's new

Review for Terry's Soap

Hmmm... I see that I need to correct my post... in one of the reviews of the soap I read that it contains Mare Milk and in another review/description - Horse Fat, and I went too far in my interpretation, thinking that they were one and the same... unfortunately not: (

So I apologize for misleading you.

As for Marek Milk, I am delighted with the properties of Re Nero both during and after shaving :) - but this is a different story .. - better described in thread regarding TGS soaps :)

As for Horse Hat - you can read here on Wiki... Horse ointment - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_ointment in general, it is a very fashionable ingredient in Korean cosmetics (sample of descriptive text) WTH is Horse Fat and why is it in our skincare? — Project Vanity - http://www.projectvanity.com/projectvanity/horse-fat

Hi Pawell. I got a reply from Terry and really sorry for the late comment here.

Horse oil, which horse fat is refined to, is Mare Milk in a cosmetic term. So Mare Milk and horse fat is different but at the end is the same according to the last web page you linked above and Terry.

Terry makes soaps with lots of the horse oil made in Korea and it is said to be very expensive.

I guess that's why the slickness and cushion is awesome.

I looked up Terry's ingredients which I find interesting. Pure Stearic and Myristic Acid saponified with KOH. I've never seen pure Myristic Acid used in a soap before. I don't know how much they are putting in but it's higher than the KOH so it's got to be at least 20% or more. Some "Mare Milk" but since they it's coming after the KOH it can't be that much.

From Sellers website:
Ingredients : Stearic Acid, Myristic Acd, Aqua, Potassium Hydroxide, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Mare milk(Horse oil), Avocado butter, Avocado oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, Silk Amino acid, Tetrasodium EDTA

I might have to try and work with Myristic Acid in the future.

I would bet this bar makes a really nice lather! But I don't see any ingredient of Horse Tallow or oil.

Last edited:
Don't mean to be so critical but I think it's false advertising to say that this soap has a "Horse Oil" base.

1706984217685.png

Don't mean to be so critical but I think it's false advertising to say that this soap has a "Horse Oil" base.

View attachment 1790503

It is all welcomed brother. Every opinion should be respected.

I guess that Mare Milk is used for beef tallow that is used in many brands.

Not a few soap makers list tallow in 6~7th place or further back. But we don't say it is not a tallow based soap.

In the same way, I think it is horse oil based. I think it is a matter of a viewpoint :)

I looked up Terry's ingredients which I find interesting. Pure Stearic and Myristic Acid saponified with KOH. I've never seen pure Myristic Acid used in a soap before. I don't know how much they are putting in but it's higher than the KOH so it's got to be at least 20% or more. Some "Mare Milk" but since they it's coming after the KOH it can't be that much.

From Sellers website:
Ingredients : Stearic Acid, Myristic Acd, Aqua, Potassium Hydroxide, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Mare milk(Horse oil), Avocado butter, Avocado oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, Silk Amino acid, Tetrasodium EDTA

I might have to try and work with Myristic Acid in the future.

I would bet this bar makes a really nice lather! But I don't see any ingredient of Horse Tallow or oil.

I bet you will like it. It is very easy to lather with any brushes. I always get a rich lather quickly.

But I try to lather more for a cream-like one.

Anyway thank you for a reply!

I'm going on a holiday trip to Korea, although in 3 months :) but I'm going to prepare in advance :). Korean soaps are practically unavailable in Europe, so I have a great opportunity to buy "a few" as "suvenirs" :). ( Preferably something "exceptionally local" ). Taking advantage of the fact that there are several people in the thread who are already familiar with these products, I have a question about what you recommend... and secondly, if you are from Korea :).. where can I buy it "in the city" :) while in Korea? Is there a chain of cosmetics stores for wet shavers? Are the soaps available, e.g. in popular drugstores (which ones?).
Any advice welcome :) (especially from @BrianHH as he mentioned he is from Korea :) ). BTW.. I can bring something from Europe for You :) - eg. SV ? :) Shipping costs could kill any internet shopping in relation Europe - Korea :) (39,99$)

Last edited:
Top Bottom