What's new

What's Brewing? - November/December

Had my home roast cappuccinos as usual this morning. Just finished the very last dregs from my insulated mug as I was typing this. :w00t:

Just had a cup of El Salvador Finca Kilimanjaro in the ole french press. A nice, smooth cup. Going to try the same in the Aeropress next.

Costa Rica La Yunta estate as part of a roasting profile experiment. Turned out fantastic - lemon, graham, nutmeg. Great with a bagel.

Fooling around with a Ethiopia Gr.3 Dry Process Yirga Cheffe and some Ethiopia Organic Guji Sidamo SWP Decaf. Lots of love in a cup here lately:001_wub:

Been drinking a lot of variety lately.

Primarily coffee from here acquired from here as part of our subscription gift.

And also a bunch of different coffees from a friend of mine roasted here.

Purchased a used La Pavoni espresso machine from a friend moving out of the country. After cleaning I made something between a cappuccino and a latte with the last beans from a bag of 8 o'clock coffee (red bag) which was opened 2 weeks earlier. Coffee geeks would not approve of these beans and even considering that I did not know what I was doing, the latte was very good. I generally drink black drip coffee, but enjoyed this. I even pulled a second shot though the same grounds into a different cup which I understand is not recommended, but I wanted to see how it tasted, it was a little bit stronger and a little more bitter, but still enjoyable. :biggrin1: I look forward to experimenting more.

Purchased a used La Pavoni espresso machine from a friend moving out of the country. After cleaning I made something between a cappuccino and a latte with the last beans from a bag of 8 o'clock coffee (red bag) which was opened 2 weeks earlier. Coffee geeks would not approve of these beans and even considering that I did not know what I was doing, the latte was very good. I generally drink black drip coffee, but enjoyed this. I even pulled a second shot though the same grounds into a different cup which I understand is not recommended, but I wanted to see how it tasted, it was a little bit stronger and a little more bitter, but still enjoyable. :biggrin1: I look forward to experimenting more.
That's a very cool machine. There are a lot of lever machine fans at http://www.home-barista.com

full

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
My ever thrifty* wife bought me a can of Trader Joe's "Joe" for work. Amazingly, it's not as bad as you'd think, and is as good as half of their other blends.

Think Mort Goldman on Family Guy-

There's my frugal aunt Ruth, my thrifty uncle Isaac, my bargain hunting aunt Flo, and my great aunt Vera, who didn't like to spend a lot on anything.

Red Sea Blend, roasted yesterday. Rich, intense stuff, and nice with home made bagels this morning.

I had some lovely Bolivia peaberry green beans from Jim, roasted up yesterday. Most Bolivia's are so delicate, but this had tons of flavor and a very lively acidity. Thanks, Jim!

man that looks great goober!!! Where can I get a sample ?

This tea I bought at a local shop but Dian Hong teas are not hard to find. A.K.A. Yunnan Black Tea or Gold Bud. You could probably find something very similar to this at most specialty food stores. Just google Yunnan Tea and that should keep you busy for hours. I would offer to send you some but with this tea being so easy to find chances are good you could get some right there in your own neck of the woods.

Since the post I found out that the source of this tea is www.teance.com Teance,s name for this tea is Yunnan Gold "A"

Last edited:
Top Bottom