What's new

What is this?

Nope. A razor clone would be almost identical in design to the original. This one is extremely unique. There have been hundreds of razor manufacturers over the years and there will naturally be some similarities given all have to hold a blade and have a handle (well, most do). Besides, the Wizamet pictured is an adjustable while the Super Speed is not. Very, very different. It is closer in design to a Super Adjustable.

proxy.php

Sorry, of course, a Super Adjustable!!:redface: To open the silo doors it must be that ring under the numbers...??!

Last edited:
Interesting looking razor in a utilitarian way, I like it, sort of a cross between a Knack and a slim adjustable.

Stephen.

Here's another Wizamet. They are Russian made.

proxy.php

And here is another Russian made TTO adjustable.

proxy.php

And here is another called Ytpo which looks to have been made by the same manufacturer as the earlier Wizamet.

proxy.php

That adjustable with the red case looks ALOT like a super adjustable. Dear lord, I had no idea how close the ruskies actually were! :w00t: They must have had some spies or bugs in the Gillette R&D areas! :smile::smile:

Sorry, of course, a Super Adjustable!!:redface: To open the silo doors it must be that ring under the numbers...??!

Nope, that's the adjustment. I'm guessing the silo doors open with that second metal ring below the adjustment ring.

I think somebody should get one of these and try it...

Are the Wizamet razors Russian-made, though Wizamet was based in Lodz, Poland?

I just bought a Wizamet adjustable off the 'bay, so I'm very curious to learn more about them.

Here's another Wizamet. They are Russian made.

Wizamet razors were always made in Lodz, Poland. During the Cold War, the East-block countries did not respect Western patents much, so the razors that were made were pretty much Gillette knock-offs. After things changed, in 1992, the factory was bought by Gillette and, as far as I know, is still going strong. In fact, I believe that Gillette now has another plant in that grim industrial city.

Last edited:
Wizamet razors were always made in Lodz, Poland. During the Cold War, the East-block countries did not respect Western patents much, so the razors that were made were pretty much Gillette knock-offs. After things changed, in 1992, the factory was bought by Gillette and, as far as I know, is still going strong. In fact, I believe that Gillette now has another plant in that grim industrial city.

Thanks for the info!

I thought I might add a quick report on the Wizamet W-11 Adjustable, having bought one off eBay recently.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The overall adjustment range seems much greater than you find with a slim or a fat boy.
The only mechanical issue it seems to have is that, when locking it down, the slot in the underside of the head assembly binds slightly against the back-to-back vertical plates that support the end caps (you can see the slight misalignment in the third photo) and this friction releases suddenly, causing a very slight last-minute "hiccup" into the fully-tightened position (please excuse my poor description of the mechanics). Nothing that should affect the shave quality, but a little unnerving nonetheless. It's hard for me to say whether this is a result of poor build quality or of the razor having been dropped at some point in its lifetime. In support of the former theory, the brass casting of the blade tray also seems somewhat coarser than what you find in Gillettes, as you can see in the fourth photo.

On the whole, a very curious razor...I'm looking forward to shaving with it.

I just shaved for the first time with this razor and I am amazed. This is a great shaver that I didn't even know existed. I can't explain it but it is much better then similar gillettes. Four passes and BBS, never happens for me except with my vintage Segal with a doctored blade.

Top Bottom