What's new

Music to shave by?

I've enjoyed the Shout Out Louds, the Postal Service, and the Cure while shaving, but I really wish I could drag my huge Magnavox console up to the bathroom so I could listen to my LP collection - Henry Mancini, Les Baxter, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, Esquivel, etc.

:smile:

Phil

I like to bring my laptop in and listen to the sounds of the movie 8 1/2 by Federico Fellini. Sometimes I'll do other movies too. Barring that, a little bit of Opera or some Technology News.

I bought the DVD 2 years ago because my avatar, Barbara Steele, is in it, but I still haven't watched it. Maybe I'll take it slow and just listen to it while shaving.

I bought the DVD 2 years ago because my avatar, Barbara Steele, is in it, but I still haven't watched it. Maybe I'll take it slow and just listen to it while shaving.

Not to get off topic but are you serious. I thought that your avatar was some kind of tribute to Michael Jackson . . . opps! Guess you learn something new every day :lol:

Depends on my mood..
  • The Rippingtons
  • Chick Corea Elektrik Band
  • The Beatles
  • Bob Marley
  • Spock's Beard
  • Dixie Dregs
  • Surf Music (Dick Dale, The Chantays, The Ventures, etc.)
These have been my latest listening preferences while shaving.

I've just recently started adding music to the mix as I'm now a dedicated night shaver. Here lately it's been a lot of chillout music; Hammock, Stars Of The Lid, Loscil, Helios, and the like.

Couple more artists you might want to look into in this grain:
Ulrich Schnauss and Tosca. From Schnauss his Far Away Trains Passing By album is just enchanting, and Tosca's Suzuki is a really wicked calm set.

Couple more artists you might want to look into in this grain:
Ulrich Schnauss and Tosca. From Schnauss his Far Away Trains Passing By album is just enchanting, and Tosca's Suzuki is a really wicked calm set.

Already got 'em. :smile:

Ha! All this time, I thought your avatar was Michael Jackson!
OMG!!!!!

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sorry to go off topic, but this is too funny, and three people already mentioned it. I'd still rather shave to Fellini.

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I should get into Sinatra, that was good!

+1 on Michael Jackson/Barbara Steele

My vote was for MJ not BS :lol:

Sinatra would be perfect!

Although the first few times I shaved with a straight, Wagner's "Ride of the Valkries" or Zepelin's "Immigrant Song" was more like it--Valhala I am coming... :wink: Something about meeting your maker in both of those songs.

Satchmo works, as a nice change from Sinatra.

"A Kiss To Build A Dream On", "Up A Lazy River", "Summertime" (with Ella!) are all great, but "I'll Be Glad When You're Dead, You Rascal You" is a little much for a nice evening shave.:smile:

I listen to the rat pack - live n swingn' album - mainly the Dean Martin tracks....

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds - especially "sloop John B"

Prince - Hits & b sides ( soft & wet - what a classic song, & quite pertinent, when you think about how you want your whiskers!)

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I guess I'm one of the few people today that does not live life with a personal soundtrack 24 / 7. (hmmm. . . Grumpy Old man?) What I will say is that I immediately thought of the Bugs Bunny short "Rabbit of Seville" with Bugs giving Elmer Fudd a shave . . . kinda sorta . . . to the music of Rossini's Barber of Seville.

I guess if I wanted to energize my morning I'd play Katrina and the Waves "Walking on Sunshine".

Day in, day out, I always listen to the same music when I shave, The Song of the Blade. It is played in either the key of DE, SE, or Straight.

Top Bottom