What's new

Got my shipment in from Italian Barber!

Last week I asked the wise members of B&B to suggest a place to get a good starter setup. After reading the suggestions I went with Italian Barber due to their build a kit option they have. I researched what they offered and made my choices and got what I think is a very good deal on what seems like a great kit.

I ended up getting"
Razorock Mission Safety Razor
Razorock Tech II Safety Razor (freebie)
Plissoft Moster shaving brush
Plissoft Ivory 22 shaving brush
Arko stick
Italian Barber Primavera soap
Italian Barber Amci soap
Razorock Classic soap
Osma Alum block
20 Gillete Nacet blades
20 Derby blades (in the razor packages)
20 Astra Superior Platinum blades
20 Voskhod blades
Blade bank

Since I broke the 60 dollar mark (barely) the package was shipped free and they sent it priority, which was pretty awesome. Well after it arrived today I immediately tore into the box, went through everything and went to shaving my three days growth. I used the monster brush, primavera soap, the mission razor with voskhod blade. All in all this has to be the best shave I have had in my life. I can feel a slight bit of roughness along my jaw line but cant see it, everywhere else I was able to get a very smooth shave. I definitely need to do some improvement on my technique, at least my alum block leads me to believe that, but all in all I am extremely pleased.

Thank you everyone for the help on getting me onto my way shaving the right way.

Congratulations on your 1st shave! Sounds like it was successful!
Looks like you have a good starter kit! The Mission razor and the Plissoft brushes are excellent. I'd stick with the Mission razor and the Voskhod blades till you get your technique down, then you can test out the other razor and blades.

Last edited:
w00t! How did you rate that?

I saw a thread from a while back from RazoRock (Italian Barber) about a promo for new customers. Buried in the thread he posted the below, so I gave it a shot and put Newbie in the order comments. Looks like the promo is still going on, at least as of last week. So not only did I get a good setup, I have got my teenage son giving it a try also.

"Hi Gents,

We plan on keeping the NEWBIE PROMO going until at least the end of 2016.

To qualify for the NEWBIE PROMO:

1) Order must be delivered to USA or Canada
2) Order must be over $25 before shipping and taxes (taxes only apply to Canada)
3) Order must include at least 1 RazoRock Soap.
4) NEWBIE must be written in the order notes."

Congratulations on your 1st shave! Sounds like it was successful!
Looks like you have a good starter kit! The Mission razor and the Plissoft brushes are excellent. I'd stick with the Mission razor and the Voskhod blades till you get your technique down, then you can test out the other razor and blades.

Yes Sir, my plan is to stick to each razor blade type for one month unless they just seem to butcher my face for some reason. That way I can get some practice in and get familiar with how it does once I get the hang of it. That way I have a good baseline to be able to compare each type to figure out what works best for me. Then I can start to stock up on my favorites.

RR soaps aren't the best, but most of them are decent. Classic smells great but I don't care a lot for it other than that. Amici is nice.

Great job, that's the way to get a starter set-up.

If there's anything you don't like, I'll send you my mailing address and just ship it off to me so i can dispose of it properly.

Since you are kind of new to this, my favorite sites to purchase from and they all offer REMARKABLE service (this is in order of preference) Maggard's Razors(Michigan) Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (Arizona) Smallflower(Illinois) and West Coast Shaving(CA)

Top Bottom