What's new

My First Post

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

I wanted to post my first message - hope I did it correctly. I have been lurking for a while and really appreciate all the great advice and support that is shared here.

Like many, I have returned to DE shaving after spending some time with cartridge razors (another bad idea). My doctor suggested that I need to take better care of my skin – especially my face. He said that razors with multiple blades are bad for my skin, and I should use a single or double cartridge at most. I decided to return to DE shaving that I enjoyed before.

When I learned, many decades ago, there was little knowledge available about getting a really good shave. Thanks to your guidance, I am getting fairly comfortable with the process, but I still have a lot of practice before I feel confident.

May I offer a couple of ideas:
I practice “shaving” with a new razor – without a blade – just to get the feel of the razor against my skin and different ways to hold it.

Fold a paper towel until it is roughly 4 times the size of a blade. Place the blade on one half and fold the other half over it – to safely dry it – maybe add some alcohol to sterilize it.

Thanks again for all the wonderful knowledge.

JA in NC

Top Bottom