What's new

Tobacquisitions: December 2016

Another big day of acquisitions here. Got a couple of tobaccos orders to top off the cellar, but didn't take pics of those.

First up for pictures is a sweet Ascorti acorn:

proxy.php

And a quirky Luckypipes (Dan Knox) Dublin w a purple stem:

proxy.php

A Wessex poker w Cumberland stem:
proxy.php

And last but not least... my smokingpipes.com Claudio Albieri pipe bag! I was surprised to see that it's one of the brown and chestnut colored bags instead of the black and red, and frankly I'm glad it is--I like this color combo a lot more! Really nice and amazing quality.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Pipes are sweet! Pipe bag is over the top! I have one coming, but it's not like this one.

Wow nice stuff eveyone!

I've got three estate meers (my first) coming. I'll snap pics when they get here so yall can tell me how bad I did :lol:

Solani Silver is exceptional stuff. Just make sure you put it in a jar to age it - the tin is not airtight.

Yeah, the smaller 50g rectangular tins are (unless the seal lets go), but the bigger 100g tins are not.... it's odd to me that a manufacturer would do that (put the same product in packaging that performs differently).

On the plus side, once the tobacco is out of it, you can make a pretty decent DE travel case with the tin.

Another big day of acquisitions here. Got a couple of tobaccos orders to top off the cellar, but didn't take pics of those.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And last but not least... my smokingpipes.com Claudio Albieri pipe bag! I was surprised to see that it's one of the brown and chestnut colored bags instead of the black and red, and frankly I'm glad it is--I like this color combo a lot more! Really nice and amazing quality.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Jiminy Christmas Micah. The past month or two alone you have assembled a collection that a large chunk of us would be proud to have as our whole arsenal.

Two words for that pipe bag SAH - WEET! I have some basic leather crafting skills myself and have often thought of making my own bag or roll, but now this would always be in the back of my mind taunting my feeble efforts.

WELL DONE!

From a local B&M

No. 24s are from 2010

Bombay Extra from 2003

No. 12 is from 2000

proxy.php

Guessing recent tins cause they say Arango instead of Butera.

proxy.php

And now for some of my Black Friday spoils.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I took advantage of the Morgan Black Friday deal as well.

Got a Bones bent billiard and one of his Arbutus pipes.

Don't have many pokers/cherry woods and have never had a strawberry wood pipe. The blast on this thing is sweet!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice run Senshi! What is the white and green bag to the left of the HOTW?

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Oh wow!!!! That's a nice Wessex!

And that pipe bag is pretty good too!

Thanks! It was the Wessex that made me decide to put together an order at smokingpipes (it was an estate there) which led to the pipe bag, so a VERY special pipe at that!

That's looking a lot less like a man purse than the original picture led on. The brown colors definitely help out in that regard. Congrats not only on winning, but being lucky enough to get the one that looks nice as well. That takes two times the normal luck.

Completely agree. This color looks much more normal, like a small manly briefcase. :lol:

Pipes are sweet! Pipe bag is over the top! I have one coming, but it's not like this one.

Wow. What a haul!

Jiminy Christmas Micah. The past month or two alone you have assembled a collection that a large chunk of us would be proud to have as our whole arsenal.

Two words for that pipe bag SAH - WEET! I have some basic leather crafting skills myself and have often thought of making my own bag or roll, but now this would always be in the back of my mind taunting my feeble efforts.

WELL DONE!

Thanks gents! Totally blown away by the bag still. It's the kind of thing I never would have splurged for, but man is it cool.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I am going to have to start setting some cash back and save for one of those pipe bags. Absolutely stunning!

So got this pipe in the mail today. Didn't pay much thank goodness $10. It is stamped block meerschaum had quite a bit of cake built up in it. I scraped the majority of it out I think. Got most of the oxidation off the stem too.

Now for the biggest issue. Couldn't see in the listing pics and didn't mention this in the description. Possibly didn't realize it because I almost didnt spot it with the pipe under a good light and looking closely. It appears the pipe has been dropped and broke right where the shank and bowl meets. It appears to have been put together with some kind of epoxy. Was hard to tell with the rusticated pattern on it. Oh well, $10 pipe so I didn't have my hopes up... Might still smoke ok though. Gonna have to wait and see. Gotta get over this respiratory infection. Haven't felt much like smoking. Sorry to ramble haha.

$20161208_183340.jpg

Got a couple more coming. Hopefully they don't dissapoint.

B&M trip:
100g Comoy Cask #4
1oz Lane MV-1000
1oz Stokkebye #312 Toasted Burley

P&C Order:
1.5lb P.S. Luxury Navy Flake
1.5lb P.S. Luxury Bullseye Flake

I feel like such a winner right now.

Top Bottom