What's new

🦃 🏈 🍻 🍗 SOTD "Thanksgiving/Black Friday Week” NOVEMBER 20th - November 26th, 2023 🦃 🏈 🍻 🍗

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond (2)
Brush: Yaqi Green Obsidian
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Pre-shave: Stirling Unscented Soap - Proaraso White cream
Lather: AOS Peppermint
Aftershave: Bootleggers Vanilla & Bay Rum

IMG_2970.jpeg

Sunday Morning Smorgasbord

My second Empire Set - this one with a lighter handle and better Silver plating. Gem PTFE on it's second use was exquisitly smooth - I found the sweet spot on the adjustment knob for my 2nd and 3rd passes.
Overall a BANGER Razor and Shave !!

Wilkinson Sword Empire Razor Set
GEM Personna SS PTFE Blade (2X)
Lothur Grooming Samber Shave Soap
AP ShaveCo 24mm Luxury (Badger/Boar Mix) Brush
Proraso Red Splash
Master Soap Creations Vintage Lapidus Aftershave

7D99F025-3514-4731-9E55-554A1AF57DDC-compressed.jpeg

20231125_102208.jpg

Razor: Schick B2 Repeating Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Brush: DG B13 this is a good knot but for me the splay was a bit to big, by putting two rubber
o-rings on it it increases the backbone and decreases the loft & splay, for me it is now perfect.

Blade: Timor (1) 3 days growth it was perfection

Soap: GD “Ketoret” Kairos SE, this is an incredible soap.

Razor: WR2 Ti SB 1.25 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle

💯🥇

IMG_3911.jpeg

Doug

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday shave, November 26th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP + A Yaqi Chippendale SSP handle- Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range. Interesting design with small head parts. Very difficult to machine parts this small but Yaqi did a fine job with machining and finish QC. I like this nimble razor and works well on my face with good results. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Feather Pro(3) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent of lavender + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Cola" 22 mm Plissoft synthetic. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. The handle fits well in my hand and very enjoyable brush to use.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King louis lavender + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP SE with a Feather pro blade. Feather blade is showing signs of dropping off a little already.
SOTD November 26 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Maggards 28 mm Syn brush
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth Slant
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS AS Gel
Fragrance
Beverly Hills, Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is my second shave with the RR Stealth SlantI loaded with a Personna Lab blade. The result, once again, was a smooth, close, and comfortable shave. Today’s brush is the large 28mm Maggards Synthetic Brush. The MdC soap is on its 297th use. As the photo shows, the soap is on its last run and I don’t know if it will reach shave 300. Have a great day, folks.

B1207273-9DA6-4246-AD9F-7FF30318B069.jpeg

Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Gillette Perma Sharp
Brush - Alpha Shaving Works Outlaw
Soap - DGxHoMxNO Cerberus

The Lambda Athena is one smooth razor. Less aggressive than the Ares, it is very comfortable and an ideal daily use razor. It has the same effective side lathering channels as the Ares which clears lather quickly. The handle is comfortable and grippy in the hand despite its lack of knurling. The Oumo Tyrant badger knot in the Alpha Outlaw brush absorbs a lot of lather and has been getting more and more comfortable as it breaks in. Cerberus scent is complex and grew on me. It’s one of my favorite scents now. Woodsy with hints of tobacco. Very nice performance and easy to hydrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom