What's new

🦃 🏈 🍻 🍗 SOTD "Thanksgiving/Black Friday Week” NOVEMBER 20th - November 26th, 2023 🦃 🏈 🍻 🍗

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gobble gobble my fellow B&B friends!

It’s time yet again for another Theme Week!

Let’s Celebrate Thanksgiving, the fall season and Black Friday this week. Show us your Turkey and Fall themed shaves or stuff you bought or are buying during Black Friday sales!

American or not, let’s see your Thanksgiving themed shaves. Even use cranberry jelly as lather if you want! (Please don’t). Are you eating a Turkey leg while you shave? Weird, but let’s see it. We won’t tell anyone, we promise! 😜 Or tell us about what great deals you found on the week of Black Friday.

Let’s see lots of themed pics this week!

Being creative and having fun is of course mandatory as usual. Sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory.

Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave. Hell, shave with turkey gravy if you want. We just want to see the pics. 🤪

1700433547410.jpeg

Menthol Monday SOTD
20231119_171651 (2).jpg

Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Tomac Super Stainless Steel (D1)
Brush: Savile Row 3330
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Prairie Creations DdC Alpine Snowdrift
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling Gel
Aftershave: Krampert’s Frostbite

Razor: Star Gold 100
Blade: Personna 74 (1)
Brush: Zenith Manchurian 505 handle
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Abbate Y La Mantia Neroli Siciliano
Aftershave: Floid the Genuine, Nivea Men Sensitive Skin Cool Shave Balm

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

My first time using the Star Gold 100 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. More efficient than you think it would be, great grip with the handle and provided a very smooth shave.

This was my first time using the Personna 74 and they did not disappoint! They were really great, sharp, smooth. I will definetly be using them on a more efficient razor next but I know they will do well.

The Zenith Manchurian 505, really enjoyed the smaller handle as this is the smallest of my regular rotation of brushes handles. The knot was great, soft tips, nice backbone, a sritch here and there but really minute so.

The Abbate Y La Mantia Neroli Sicliano, really great hard soap. Took me a few minutes to dial in and load up my brush to the amount I wanted but once I did and got the lather going, it terrific stuff. I really enjoyed the smell, thats all I say on that, not good with discerning scents so.

Floid the Genuine was great, it really is best to use when you skin is a little damp, brings out the rest of it better. Nivea was good as always afterwards.

Overall, great shave, happy with it.

20231119_181006.jpg

Mon 20
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 Steamship Wedge
A fantastic lather from the soap is whipped up superbly by the excellent stout brush. The soap and matching splash scent is very nice! Missed using an SR and today's choice of this hefty razor with a refreshed Arkansas edge was perfect to mow down a 3 days growth for a bbs-dfs finish...
20231120_124834.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_8554.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Poland: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Anti Skin Stress 2 in 1 Liquid shaving cream & cleanser.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Egypt: Razor Blade Big Ben Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Anti Skin Stress Facial Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.
9) Australia: Deodorant Nivea Men Black and White Max Protection.

Monday
Pre-shave: Hims High Tide Hydrating Cleanser /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Gillette Short Comb New
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp
Brush: Yaqi High Mountain White
Soap: C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic/Areffa Discoverer ASL
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Omega 81052
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the fourth shave with the Feather AS-D2 razor with a Feather blade. The shave, as usual, was smooth. Once again, similar to Sunday’s shave, I had to do some touch-ups on my neck area. Today I switched to a boar brush: an Omega 81052. This brush makes loading soap an easy task. This was one of the first boar brushes I bought. The MdC soap is on its 290th use. Today’s shave was very nice and smooth. Have a great day, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday , November 20th 2023

Razor : MicroMatic OC (button less base plate type)- Mfg 1930-2,V2,1932-41, mid to mid aggressive range with regular newer blades. Built to last for many generations and was the first mass produced TTO in the world, about 4-5 years ahead of Gillette's TTO. Used a spent spine from a old blade to shim the new blade shim (RIGS). Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco, nice clean unique clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Aqua" 24mm 3band high mountain badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. First badger ever owned, a bit of a slightly brickly at first until used a enough times to make it softer, but great to work the face. It is a different species of badger I believe by its fur coloring.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Fresco XXX(Slightly mentholated) with some witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
Had a excellent comfortable close shave this morning with my MicroMatic buttonless baseplate with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD November 20 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

5BB78804-285C-4238-9AB1-5723924A678C.jpeg

SOTD

Razor - Alpha Shaving Works Outlaw Brass
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush - Alpha Shaving Works Outlaw Brass
Soap - Veteran Soap Co. Cherry Bomb
Splash - Hazelet’s Apothecary SoCo Rose

Smooth and efficient shave. The Alpha Outlaw with the regular base plate has always been one of my favorite razors. It delivers close shaves and has a decent amount of blade feel. The brass version, which only had 24 pieces made, has a good weight to it and is balanced. It’s nice to use brass, bronze, and copper during the cold months - they retain heat and the warm colors are aesthetically pleasing. The Oumo Tyrant knot is the densest knot I’ve ever experienced. Very strong backbone and when it finally splays it’s a lather monster. Veteran soap continues to impress with its slickness and cushion. Hazelet’s Apothecary Rose has a very nice light scent that complements the cherry sandalwood scent of the soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom