What's new

Soaps that don't get talked about much thread

With so many artisan soap maker these days, often we came across some soaps and wonder why not much people talk about them. Here are my pick:

Bufflehead - Granted, I know that this soap is always out of stock. However, the performance on this is stellar! But do note I will be slightly bias on this cause I camp infront of computer for the release :mad3:. But honestly, it's a good soap in my book :w00t:.

Tallow + Steel - Expensive, however I feel that it is worth every penny that I have spend on them. They perform exactly how a good performer should perform. Not to say their high price tag is influenced by the ingredient they pick. I am actually looking to get more of their scent.

L&L Grooming - Their Bison formula is excellent, the performance is superb, however I did find their post shave to be slightly inferior to many of the top shelf product. Also, their Cuir et Epices smells heavenly :thumbup1:.

Midnight and Two - Another expensive product, a vegan base if I am right. When it comes to vegan soaps, I always compare them to Soap Commander and Saponificio Varesino. The performance is up there with them, good presentation as well! Just expensive, less likely I will consider again them due to the price, but it's good to have a tin around.

Phoenix & Beau - Still a pretty new artisan, however gaining fames as we speak due to it's stellar performance. Honestly, I went into the shave with pretty low expectation and somehow it shot up to be one of the contender as one of my favourite soap! One of the best customer service I have ever encounter.

There, my personal list of artisan soap makers that I feel should get more shout out due to their fantastic performance. I would love to hear your list, it can be one, it can be 10! Give your favourite artisan maker a shoutout if you think they need some :thumbup1:.

I have been wet shaving for about a year or so and most of my purchases have come
from recommendations on this site and a little research on my part. I have a few PAA
and Crown King soaps that I find very nice in both scent and performance. I understand
that there was some apparent drama with this soap maker at some time within the wet
shaving community but I didn't read enough to see what it was all about and all i wanted was
soap and aftershave. Anyway both seem to perform well and i like the scents. Another soap I have
is Clementine by Country Club for Men, a citrus or orange scent that is very nice and a great soap.
I've been trying to grab some Bufflehead with no luck and I want to get L&L Grooming Bison formula
as the few reviews are great

Stone Cottage Soap Works. They make artisan creams; very little mention on this forum.

Also Reef Point soaps; great value and top performer.

I like Chiseled Face. I have Cryogen, Sherlock, and Ghost Town Barber. There seems little mention of them here, but I really enjoy the soaps.

Soap Commander does not seem to get much attention which is a shame because all their soaps are excellent and very consistent scent to scent with regard to performance. Additionally they are stellar people, very down to earth, humble, and appreciative of their customers. Mr. Siebert is also a military veteran.

Honeybee Soaps- one of the Three Sues, the original soap makers on B&B. Still making soap, but doesn't get much press in the past couple years. I recently placed a huge order, so will be set for a while. But I hope others try this excellent soap.

Victoria & Margaret- a little known artisan, making mostly women's products, but their shave soap is outstanding. I used it this morning!

Shaver Heaven
Since I've had the chance to use their tallow formula, wow, just wow!
Genuine top shelf product in my humble opinion :)

Soap Commander--incredibly well-made products, great packaging, a tremendous array of scents, and a terrific guy at the helm.

Beehive Soap & Body Care - beehivesoap.com

I have tried a couple from them. The Bay Rum and the Sandalwood. Have a sample puck of Crisp Alpine Stream, but haven't tried it yet. I have been using the Bay Rum since about July 1.

With so many artisan soap maker these days, often we came across some soaps and wonder why not much people talk about them. Here are my pick:

L&L Grooming
- Their Bison formula is excellent, the performance is superb, however I did find their post shave to be slightly inferior to many of the top shelf product. Also, their Cuir et Epices smells heavenly :thumbup1:.

Recently picked up their vetiver scent. Hope they expand their line. Checked out their site and they are sold out of pretty much everything.

Shaver Heaven
Since I've had the chance to use their tallow formula, wow, just wow!
Genuine top shelf product in my humble opinion :)

Might want to stock up soon then. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/503712-Shaver-Heaven-is-closing-down

I was reading a thread about shave soaps that do not get talked about much on here, or used to and dont anymore. I really enjoyed the thread, was using it to make some purchases, but now I cannot find it. I sear he'd and failed. Hoping one of you guys who are way better than me can help me out and direct me back there? Sorry, it is just out of my scope of ability I guess

I was reading a thread about shave soaps that do not get talked about much on here, or used to and dont anymore. I really enjoyed the thread, was using it to make some purchases, but now I cannot find it. I sear he'd and failed. Hoping one of you guys who are way better than me can help me out and direct me back there? Sorry, it is just out of my scope of ability I guess

FYI, when using the B&B search feature, always select the "search thread titles only" option. Otherwise you're doomed. Or, as many do, simply use google advanced and search using B&B under "site or domain."

If you did, sorry! Might help some other gents, though.

Top Bottom