What's new

Soaps that don't get talked about much thread

Midnight and Two

this soap has topped my den, taking down CRSW and B&M. This soap is showing me not only has vegan soap matched tallow based soap performance but has surpassed it without taking a hit on a great post shave feel. I have the cabin scent and just bought the province scent and aftershave balm, great natural scents that only use essential oils, the province is an amazing lavender scent. I think Caties LPV will stay since I love that scent but Midnight and Two is now my daily driver, it's just that good. I was put off by the price for so long, but in the end I pay the same for B&M and CRSW that I did for Midnight and Two and I think it out performs both of those. I can't believe I'm saying this but at this point I feel like I'm done soap shopping... between this soap and a Timeless razor I'm getting to the point of shaving bliss, next a wolf whiskers synthetic brush and I could be all done.

The good old Palmolive shave stick.... works every time and pretty cheap. Slick, protective... does what you need it to

SCS. I get some of my best shaves with it and generally don't see many mentions. Been around for a while, the Fairway scent is the quintessential spring/summer scent that gets brought out each Masters week and the Pumpkin in the fall.

Agree with the Dr. Selby, for me it's great.

Dont' hear much about Queen Charlotte anymore either. Nice product

Van Yulay

Got a couple of soap/aftershave samplers from her and both are very good easy lathering soaps.

I'm actually looking at their soap, but their website makes it quite messy.

I mean, Tallow, Emu, Babassu and etc... like which one do I get if I want one.

I'm actually looking at their soap, but their website makes it quite messy.

I mean, Tallow, Emu, Babassu and etc... like which one do I get if I want one.

Agreed, the site is awkward. I picked tallow because of past positive experiences with tallow based soaps and also a larger selection of scents in that category.

Tallow & Steel -- This soap has emerged on top for me. It's performance is top notch. Everything a soap should be. The scents are great. It is a bit expensive, but the ingredients are to notch. Plus, the soap is fairly hard so I think it will last a long time.

Sapone di Paolo -- His recent second formulation has blown me away--particularly for a non-tallow soap. Great lather and scents. Post shave is great also.

Derby stick doesn't get talked about very much.

Neither does LaToja Mantazilles(sp?)
That's the one in the tall wooden jar with a cork top.
I have one that is NOS, still in cellophane.
Since it is a collectible, I will never break the seal,
but I'd love to get a used puck and see what this LT flavor is all about.

Various HYBRID combos used to get a lot of forum-time,
but not so much anymore.
This would include Williams+AquaVelva,
VdH+Clubman ASLs,
ARKO+whatever floats your boat that day.

One of the novelty soaps that I have is called TAMAC,
and its made by PAA to be a mock-off, not a knock-off,
of Tabac Original. The packaging is very similar,
but this soap smells like TOMATOES!

With so many artisan soap maker these days, often we came across some soaps and wonder why not much people talk about them. Here are my pick:

Tallow + Steel - Expensive, however I feel that it is worth every penny that I have spend on them. They perform exactly how a good performer should perform. Not to say their high price tag is influenced by the ingredient they pick. I am actually looking to get more of their scent.

Midnight and Two - Another expensive product, a vegan base if I am right. When it comes to vegan soaps, I always compare them to Soap Commander and Saponificio Varesino. The performance is up there with them, good presentation as well! Just expensive, less likely I will consider again them due to the price, but it's good to have a tin around.

I will be trying the Tallow and Steel here in about a week along with CRSW........I have heard a lot of good things about both of them.

Here's my list.

Midnight and Two - This soap gives my skin the BEST post shave skin feel of ANY soap I have tried this far.

Wet Shaving Products Formula T - The formula T is somewhat new I think. Very easy to lather, creates tons of lather and just performs very well.

Maggards - Don't see a lot of talk about their soap. It truly is a GREAT soap for the money and I live their Bergmot and Lime scent.

Bain Amour - Great soap for a great price that gets no attention. I have some samples that I'm working through right now and will likely purchase some when those are done. My only gripe with this brand is that I wish the scents were stronger.

Just bought a tub of the Maggards and WSP formula T today.

The Midnight and Two IS EXPENSIVE but worth it. I am going to hold of on buying that one until WCS has a good deal that I can't pass up.

Last edited:
Bluebell Artisan Soaps - Thanks to [MENTION=87630]cvargo[/MENTION] I got the opportunity to try this stellar soap. It is definitely worth a try. https://www.bluebellsoap.com/

Sudsy Soapery - This one gets mentioned here and there. It is another top performer that isn't mentioned often enough.

Both of the above soaps are in my top 5.

It is amazing how many different soap/cream producers are out there. I have a list that has over 100 brands that I haven't tried yet, like Sir Hare, Henry Cavendish, Uncle Jon's, Provence Sante, OSP, Wickham Soap Co., Tabula Rasa, Stubble Trubble, Jeeves of Hudson Street, Crowne & Crane, and Route 66. There is just a ton of shaving soap/cream being made today and much of it rarely gets mentioned here.

Top Bottom