What's new

Super Soap Shave off bracket

Match 20
March 2
WSP formula T Olympus vs. Catie’s Saturday morning

Caties Saturday Morning wins this round. Litte slicker, and a little more protection during the shave.

WSP formula T is eliminated.

Adding the soaps that were eliminated in the second round of the losers bracket to the final rankings:

9. WSP formula T (1-2)
10. Stirling Pharos Dreamsicle (1-2)
11. Shannon‘s soaps pina colada (1-2)
12. Razorock Caribbean holiday (1-2)
13. Sudsy Soapery - (0-2) - Eliminated by B&M Nordost and Caties Bubbles, two that i suspect will finish pretty high. I feel like this would knock out other soaps still in the bracket.
14. Mudder Focker - (0-2)
15. Tabac - (0-2) - Thought this one would do a bit better.
16. Seafort Sea Ice Lime (0-1) -dq'd by Menthol.

Match 21
March 3rd

Catie’s bubbles vs. Stirling Electric sheep

These two soaps went toe to toe In an epic battle. I only felt the slightest difference during the shave, and a tiny edge in post shave feel. Both went to Stirling, and it is the winner by slimmest of margins.

catie’s is eliminated.

current bracket.

1709499022445.png

Match 22
March 4th

Zingari man Bon Monsieur vs. WSP Rustic Citrus Blast

Wsp citrus blast easily took this one. I have been really surprised at how well WSP rustic base holds up against all these other soaps. The soap is at least 5 years old, and the odd thing is the WSP Formula T soaps I bought at the same time have lost their scents, but it seems like this rustic soap has held its scent, or even gotten stronger as it aged?

Zingari Man goes to losers bracket, but my sample is now used up, so it will forfeit the next match. Honestly, its next match was supposed to be against B&M Nordost, and it didn’t really have a chance. I never felt like Zingari could hang with the better soaps. Other than a nice scent on this one I didn’t feel like it offered much. For the price I certainly won’t buy any more of it.

Match 22
March 4th

Zingari man Bon Monsieur vs. WSP Rustic Citrus Blast

Wsp citrus blast easily took this one. I have been really surprised at how well WSP rustic base holds up against all these other soaps. The soap is at least 5 years old, and the odd thing is the WSP Formula T soaps I bought at the same time have lost their scents, but it seems like this rustic soap has held its scent, or even gotten stronger as it aged?

Zingari Man goes to losers bracket, but my sample is now used up, so it will forfeit the next match. Honestly, its next match was supposed to be against B&M Nordost, and it didn’t really have a chance. I never felt like Zingari could hang with the better soaps. Other than a nice scent on this one I didn’t feel like it offered much. For the price I certainly won’t buy any more of it.

I may have to bite the bullet and get a sample size of the WSP Rustic one day.

Match 23
March 9th

Ariana & Evans Kaizen (K2e) vs. Noble Otter Neon Sun

This one was super close.....I lathered the Kaizen first, and it did a superb job. Neon Sun was next....and I had to work a bit harder to get the lather where I wanted to, but man was it slick. It edged out Kaizen by just a smidge. Post shave went to Neon Sun also.....again by a smidge.

These two could honestly go head to head each day, and I think results would ultimately come down to the slight variations in lathering from day to day. If I tested 20 times, I'm not sure I wouldn't end up at 10 wins for each. I might do that with #1 and #2 when I am done with the bracket.

Winner is Noble Otter Neon Sun. Kaizen goes to the loser bracket.

Its getting close to the end of the bracket with just 5 matches left.

Some serious competitions coming up......
1. WSP Citrus Blast vs. Neon Sun to determine the champion of the winners bracket.
2. Electric sheep vs. Kaizen.
3. Winner of #2 goes against Nordost.
4. Winner of #3 goes against loser of #1 to determine winner of losers bracket.
5. The GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP of the shave bracket! Winner bracket Champion vs. Loser bracket Champion. I may make this a best 2 out of 3....have to wait and see who makes it to the big dance!

Match 24
March 11,12, and 13th

Noble Otter Neon Sun vs. WSP Citrus Blast.

After the first shave, these two were so close, that I couldnt call it. I had been thinking the final rounds might be best 2 out of 3, so I decided to do that.

First, let me say that I have been shocked by how well WSP in the rustic formula has done. I think it was actually my first WSP soap, and I got it years ago. Of course, I always get distracted by the next latest and greatest soap, but it really is good for the way I shave. There were 2 things I didnt like about it. First; it came in a stupid metal tin. It was hard to open, too small to later in, and rusted pretty quickly. I transferred the soap to plastic tubs and got rid of those awful tins. I see they have finally decided to switch to plastic tubs now, so at least they have caught up with everyone else in regards to packaging. Second, they got really expensive for a time. They currently sit at $25 for 4 oz. That's more than I like to pay, but I might splurge for a scent if I really like it.

Honestly, all 3 shaves could have gone either way. This was the closest of all battles so far. I actually rotated sides of my face between day 1 and 2 to make sure I wasnt preferring a side of my face more so than the soap. On day 3 I lathered both on my face at the same time so i could take alternating swipes to finally determine a winner.

By the narrowest of margins Noble Otter is the winner.

WSP goes to the loosers bracket to give them some grief....I suspect it is going to turn out to be a top 4 soap by the end of this.

Match 24
March 11,12, and 13th

Noble Otter Neon Sun vs. WSP Citrus Blast.

After the first shave, these two were so close, that I couldnt call it. I had been thinking the final rounds might be best 2 out of 3, so I decided to do that.

First, let me say that I have been shocked by how well WSP in the rustic formula has done. I think it was actually my first WSP soap, and I got it years ago. Of course, I always get distracted by the next latest and greatest soap, but it really is good for the way I shave. There were 2 things I didnt like about it. First; it came in a stupid metal tin. It was hard to open, too small to later in, and rusted pretty quickly. I transferred the soap to plastic tubs and got rid of those awful tins. I see they have finally decided to switch to plastic tubs now, so at least they have caught up with everyone else in regards to packaging. Second, they got really expensive for a time. They currently sit at $25 for 4 oz. That's more than I like to pay, but I might splurge for a scent if I really like it.

Honestly, all 3 shaves could have gone either way. This was the closest of all battles so far. I actually rotated sides of my face between day 1 and 2 to make sure I wasnt preferring a side of my face more so than the soap. On day 3 I lathered both on my face at the same time so i could take alternating swipes to finally determine a winner.

By the narrowest of margins Noble Otter is the winner.

WSP goes to the loosers bracket to give them some grief....I suspect it is going to turn out to be a top 4 soap by the end of this.

WSP taking NO deep into overtime may be the surprise of this tournament.

Match 25
March 14, and 15.

Stirling Electric Sheep vs. A&E Kaizen

I had to do 2 runs on this one, as it was very close. I think the Electric Sheep is a tad slicker, but not as much cushion or protection to it. Post shave is very good with either one. This could be another one of those that change day by day with each individual lather that you make.

Kaizen gets the win. Stirling Electric Sheep is eliminated.

Ranking the eliminated soaps so far:

5. Electric Sheep (3-2)
6. Caties Bubbles (2-2)
7. Zingari Man (2-2)
8. Fine American Blend (2-2)
9. WSP formula T (1-2)
13. Sudsy Soapery - (0-2) - Eliminated by B&M Nordost and Caties Bubbles, two that i suspect will finish pretty high. I feel like this would knock out other soaps still in the bracket.

Match 26
March 16.

B&M Nordost vs. A&E Kaizen

Kaizen was a noticeably better shave for me. Slicker, and more cushion.

Kaizen wins, and B&M is eliminated.

Also, after the shave and noting my results...I looked back at the bracket. This ended up being a matchup from round 2 where Kaizen beat Nordost. Looking back on my comments in the thread....pretty much the same results. The previous match with Kaizen vs Electric Sheep was much much closer, and Nordost is going to take a hit in the rankings.

After the Bracket is over.....I am going to do some follow-up matches of Nordost vs Electric Sheep, and Nordost vs. Caties.

My Rankings:

4. Electric Sheep (3-2)
5. Nordost (4-2)
6. Caties Bubbles (2-2)
7. Zingari Man (2-2)
8. Fine American Blend (2-2)
9. WSP formula T (1-2)

If that means Mutton>Omnibus then Mutton is the best deal in wetshaving. Besides arko, of course. ;-)

They didnt go head to head; which is why I want to do that challenge when the bracket is over.

I do like the Stirling sheep stuff. Electric sheep is a great summer soap. The Scots Pine and Conifferous are ok, but Varen smells is awful to me. Wish he had more scents in Mutton, but he says it needs a strong scent to cover the base.

They didnt go head to head; which is why I want to do that challenge when the bracket is over.

I do like the Stirling sheep stuff. Electric sheep is a great summer soap. The Scots Pine and Conifferous are ok, but Varen smells is awful to me. Wish he had more scents in Mutton, but he says it needs a strong scent to cover the base.
I also wish he'd expand his sheep mutton scent choices.

Top Bottom