What's new

Which Stirling Unscented Shave Soaps to buy ?

Which Stirling Unscented is the best choice?

• Naked and Smooth

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Sheep (Mutton)

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Unscented with Beeswax

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I see I'm a little late to the party, but I voted naked and smooth. When I was first starting out I bought a bunch of Stirling samples in different scents. Every sample worked great for shaving, but I never found a scent that I really liked. Since then, I've always had a tub of N and S. I do plan on trying the sheep and beeswax soon to compare.
I like all three. I think I like the sheep soap the most. Maybe it's my mind just telling that. I used the Varen when it was in testing. I liked it and especially liked the fragrance.

I was on the fence until recently, but decided Sheep (my introduction to Stirling) is still "best."

Beeswax performs close, with less scent and just as good post-shave. The lather breaks down a bit faster in my hands.

The regular beef tallow base is a more noticeable step down (at the risk of sounding like a soap snob), although it shaves just fine as well.

The scented sheeps all seem pretty strong or strange IMO. I like Scots Pine in the BATH bar more than the shave soap for some reason. It must be difficult to overcome ''essence of sheep." Regular/unscented Sheep is pleasant enough to me and does not linger.

YMMV...Stirling's 1 oz samples are great.

Top Bottom