What's new

Ok, I love WET SHAVING PRODUCTS brushes, but who loves the soaps?

I ordered a tin of Formula T this morning.

The Rustic is decent, great scent but not stellar, performance wise.

I have others I prefer.

I am curious as to how the tallow stuff will stack up.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have more than 30 soaps- don't think I've killed any one off yet! (Samples, sure.)

When I get below 20, I'll order a Formula T ...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
In a year-and-a-half of DE shaving, the only soaps I've managed to finish are (Maggard's) samples.

Triple-milled and really hard pucks like SV and Tabac last forever, it seems.

AA

In a year-and-a-half of DE shaving, the only soaps I've managed to finish are (Maggard's) samples.

Triple-milled and really hard pucks like SV and Tabac last forever, it seems.

AA
That's very economical and conservative I think

I had a great shave with my WSP Formula T this morning.

I found it superior to the Rustic formula, with great slickness and cushion.

As I evaluate shaving soaps, in the areas that are important tome, I would rank it as a top tier soap.

I had a two day growth,and shaved with my Futur set on 3.5.

Lathered up with a Stirling Kong synthetic brush.

BBS in three passes with Zero sting from the Skin Bracer.

An outstanding shave.

I had a great shave with my WSP Formula T this morning.

I found it superior to the Rustic formula, with great slickness and cushion.

As I evaluate shaving soaps, in the areas that are important tome, I would rank it as a top tier soap.

I had a two day growth,and shaved with my Futur set on 3.5.

Lathered up with a Stirling Kong synthetic brush.

BBS in three passes with Zero sting from the Skin Bracer.

An outstanding shave.
That a good rating for a moderately price soap. The quality products from WSP are outstanding.

Shaved with the Formula T Lavender for the 1st time this morning

Like the Lavender scent a lot. Very easy to lather, great slickness, cushion and post shave feel.

Got a 3 pass BBS as well and it pairs well with my Speick aftershave and cologne.

A great performing soap, and what tips me to them, a scent I cannot live without (as I am from the Drakkar Noir generation). Easily one of my top five go to soaps when you combine scent and performance.

$Wet-Shaving-Products-soap-fougere_2.jpg

A great performing soap, and what tips me to them, a scent I cannot live without (as I am from the Drakkar Noir generation). Easily one of my top five go to soaps when you combine scent and performance.

View attachment 698138
i cannot agree with you more. amazing scent, i even got the after shave. i might even get the cologne,

question for you all, do you use the dry brush method or the marco method to lather?

i cannot agree with you more. amazing scent, i even got the after shave. i might even get the cologne,

question for you all, do you use the dry brush method or the marco method to lather?

So I (and I learned this from the soap passes) always use a butter knife to take off some soap, and put it into my bowl, I then soak my brush in the hot water sink, and shake it off once. I start that way and add water depending on the thirst of the soap. WSP is kind of mid way for me, not super thirsty, but takes a little adding of water to get the explosion of creamy goodness. As for the after shave/cologne, I am very tempted. I have Drakkar Noir aftershave balm, I am not sure if it is made for US anymore, I got mine a few years back, and use it very sparingly. The nice thing is the scents are identical, which just makes me respect WSP more, because they nailed it.

So I (and I learned this from the soap passes) always use a butter knife to take off some soap, and put it into my bowl, I then soak my brush in the hot water sink, and shake it off once. I start that way and add water depending on the thirst of the soap. WSP is kind of mid way for me, not super thirsty, but takes a little adding of water to get the explosion of creamy goodness. As for the after shave/cologne, I am very tempted. I have Drakkar Noir aftershave balm, I am not sure if it is made for US anymore, I got mine a few years back, and use it very sparingly. The nice thing is the scents are identical, which just makes me respect WSP more, because they nailed it.
never tried that method, i use a semi dry brush, and add a little as i whip it up. i tried the marco method and it was a soupy mess, either way, i used noir yesterday for my shave.

never tried that method, i use a semi dry brush, and add a little as i whip it up. i tried the marco method and it was a soupy mess, either way, i used noir yesterday for my shave.

What did you think? The scent is a late 80s early 90s thing to most people, but to me it has stood the test of time, and I love it.

So I (and I learned this from the soap passes) always use a butter knife to take off some soap, and put it into my bowl, I then soak my brush in the hot water sink, and shake it off once. I start that way and add water depending on the thirst of the soap. WSP is kind of mid way for me, not super thirsty, but takes a little adding of water to get the explosion of creamy goodness. ...

I do this with my Castle Forbes Lime but haven't tried it with any soap ... yet

On WSP, I was fortunate enough to stop in last May and picked up four tins from Razor Emporium - 2 x WSP Rustic Barbershop and 2 x WSP Rustic Black Amber Vanille. Both are nice scents (not overpowering to me) and great performers.

Shaved with the Formula T Lavender for the 1st time this morning

Like the Lavender scent a lot. Very easy to lather, great slickness, cushion and post shave feel.

Got a 3 pass BBS as well and it pairs well with my Speick aftershave and cologne.
Thanks for the update , i can imagine those combined smells :thumbup:

The first soap I purchased was Rustic formula Vetiver and it didn't smell like vetiver it just smells like a nice bath soap but totally not my thing our what I'm looking for. I went on to try other soaps and samples of other WSP soaps. I think the formula T is slightly better for slickness and after feel. Mahogany is my favorite and I think would work for women too. Tobacco smelled amazing but very masculine. I haven't had any problem with the packaging. After trying quite a few soaps it's in my top two or three. Another brand I think doesn't get enough love is L and L Grooming.

The first soap I purchased was Rustic formula Vetiver and it didn't smell like vetiver it just smells like a nice bath soap but totally not my thing our what I'm looking for. I went on to try other soaps and samples of other WSP soaps. I think the formula T is slightly better for slickness and after feel. Mahogany is my favorite and I think would work for women too. Tobacco smelled amazing but very masculine. I haven't had any problem with the packaging. After trying quite a few soaps it's in my top two or three. Another brand I think doesn't get enough love is L and L Grooming.
What make you say that, is there a particular product they make which is underrated ?

Top Bottom