What's new

Ok, I love WET SHAVING PRODUCTS brushes, but who loves the soaps?

I've had two tins of the first batch of WSP Rustic soap, the MdC clone. Seemed to be a very nice product. It lathered up very easily even in the tin. A little went a long way, much like MdC (though not to that extreme extent), and it lasted a very long time. I used it mostly to break in brushes as I got a tin in a large lot of soap and was using others at the time. The few times I used it to shave it seemed similar to MdC, beautiful lather but lacking a bit of slickness and kind of drying afterwards.

I haven't tried the Formula T but it's on my very short list to try after I get through my stash. The addition of tallow and shea butter should hopefully help the slickness and drying aspects of the soap.

As for scents, I had lavender and fougere noir. The lavender was a very simple, clean lavender smell without any fuss and pleasing. The fougere noir was supposed to be a Drakkar Noir clone or something like that and it was far too musky and strong for my tastes so I moved it along.

I'm interested in trying the Barbershop and Kentucky scents.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Liking the WSP Drakkar Noir very much ... great scent, at least middle-of-the-pack performance. Good price point, as I recall.

AA

I have some soap from them arriving soon (tomorrow, I hope, I live 3 hours from where the stuff is shipping from, so i might get lucky and have it today if they send it early enough), I so I'll be able to give you first impressions tomorrow

I've had two tins of the first batch of WSP Rustic soap, the MdC clone. Seemed to be a very nice product. It lathered up very easily even in the tin. A little went a long way, much like MdC (though not to that extreme extent), and it lasted a very long time. I used it mostly to break in brushes as I got a tin in a large lot of soap and was using others at the time. The few times I used it to shave it seemed similar to MdC, beautiful lather but lacking a bit of slickness and kind of drying afterwards.

I haven't tried the Formula T but it's on my very short list to try after I get through my stash. The addition of tallow and shea butter should hopefully help the slickness and drying aspects of the soap.

As for scents, I had lavender and fougere noir. The lavender was a very simple, clean lavender smell without any fuss and pleasing. The fougere noir was supposed to be a Drakkar Noir clone or something like that and it was far too musky and strong for my tastes so I moved it along.

I'm interested in trying the Barbershop and Kentucky scents.
Very exquisite, informative, thorough and well written reviews...what's your go to WSP products of choice?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Middle of the pack performance?

Yah. Scent wise, it rocks (personally, I like Drakkar Noir). But soap-wise, it's no MDc or Haslinger. It's also not Joshua Tree or Dr. Bronners.

on the order of any average-good ... Say, Stirling. Not that it's LIKE Stirling in composition, just performance.

AA

Yah. Scent wise, it rocks (personally, I like Drakkar Noir). But soap-wise, it's no MDc or Haslinger. It's also not Joshua Tree or Dr. Bronners.

on the order of any average-good ... Say, Stirling. Not that it's LIKE Stirling in composition, just performance.

AA

You are talking the Rustic line right?

The formula T is just as good if not better than the ones you listed IMOP.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Rustic, correct.

Nothing wrong with it ... one does hear Formula T is better; can't say- don't have one.

AA

About making Blackbeard scent in the formula T blend. I mentioned it to him and more or less was told that maybe someday they will think about doing a limited run on the scent.
That would seem like a profitable move for them, and beneficial for us if we buy it.

AA
That's a good constructive critical review :thumbup:

I bought a 10 tin sampler bundle, a mix of Formula T and Rustic. All consistently good latherers. A few scents didn't turn me on. But most were very nice. Not too intense. I particularly like Black Amber Vanille, Black Orchid, Mahogany, Fougere, and Tobacco.

But what I really like about WSP is Lee's customer service. I purchased a Monarch HM White this summer and had a problem with hair loss. Lee had a replacement in the mail the next day! Been using it regularly for about three months and can't remember losing a single hair. And, I think it's comparable to some of the big name brushes costing twice as much. Recently bought a slightly larger Earl model and it's a winner too. The man stands behind his products and will continue to get my business.
Thanks for taking time to post this..it seems that you had a bad product and received a replacement that was better, but in a fast fashion too. I love customer service like that. Not only fast , but a functional replacement too. I see why WSP as been getting popular .

Top Bottom