What's new

Ok, I love WET SHAVING PRODUCTS brushes, but who loves the soaps?

Three reasons--both provide excellent slickness and cushioning, are easy to lather even though I have hard water, and I like the scents. I think I could go for years never buying the same soaps or creams twice (which I have), but I decided it was time to primarily support makers of the products that have worked the best for me.
It's a win both ways outcome :thumbup1:

I really enjoy WSP soaps, I bought about 5 different scents when they were just coming out. I think I paid around $5 bucks a tin. My favorites are definitely mahogany and barbershop. I agree with most though, I took them out of the tins and put them in Tupperware containers which made loading a lot easier. Top notch stuff!

Absolutely love their soaps for both shave quality and for the scents. I have more of their soaps in rotation than any other brand. Even the ones I'm not crazy about(Vetiver and True Lavender) get used. I use the Rustic and the Formula T and find both work just fine.

WSP are great soaps and well worth changing the tin out. It's not that hard. I have Barber shop now want Gaelic tweed formula T.

Last edited:
I had the opportunity to smell/test several WSP offerings during a recent sample pass around, all samples at that time were Rustic but WSP has since released most of them in the Formula T. Mahogany was my favorite scent followed by Matterhorn and Blackbeard. Here is my list of favorites:

Mahogany
Matterhorn
Blackbeard
Barbershop
Gaelic Tweed
Marrakesh

After the pass around I purchased the "T" Mahogany and the Rustic Barbershop. I enjoy both formulas but the edge goes to the Formula T for me. I have had my eye on the "T" Citrus Blast, has anyone tried it?

I have the Rustic Vetiver, a sample of Gaelic Tweed and Formula T Barbershop. The Vetiver is not a earthy dark scent it is very different compared to a Catie's Bubbles Vetiver. The Gaelic Tweed sample has a great scent patterned after Creed's Green Irish Tweed and it is supposedly a spot on match in scent. Both of the Rustic soaps lather great, are slick and provide me with a good shave. The Barbershop in Formula T is a very good latherer and I really like the scent.

I really enjoy WSP soaps, I bought about 5 different scents when they were just coming out. I think I paid around $5 bucks a tin. My favorites are definitely mahogany and barbershop. I agree with most though, I took them out of the tins and put them in Tupperware containers which made loading a lot easier. Top notch stuff!
That's a smart idea :thumbup:

I have the Rustic Vetiver, a sample of Gaelic Tweed and Formula T Barbershop. The Vetiver is not a earthy dark scent it is very different compared to a Catie's Bubbles Vetiver. The Gaelic Tweed sample has a great scent patterned after Creed's Green Irish Tweed and it is supposedly a spot on match in scent. Both of the Rustic soaps lather great, are slick and provide me with a good shave. The Barbershop in Formula T is a very good latherer and I really like the scent.
Isn't that a copyright issue?

Isn't that a copyright issue?
Maybe, but they all do it. Stirling, Fine, WSP, etc. have soap scents based off of well-known fragrances.

To our benefit - I might add. I do not want to pay for Tom Ford Grey Vetiver aftershave prices if it is like EdT or EdP prices - but I do love the Fine Fresh Vetiver and can afford it. Same with Fine's L'Orange Noir or Stirling Akadia and the Terres d'Hermes they are scent matches for.

Absolutely love their soaps for both shave quality and for the scents. I have more of their soaps in rotation than any other brand. Even the ones I'm not crazy about(Vetiver and True Lavender) get used. I use the Rustic and the Formula T and find both work just fine.
Now that must be some good soaps if you use the less favorite too

My WSP Rustic T tobacco soap performs great as most of my tallow soaps do,
not much scent to the soap but the matching aftershave is great and the scent
really shines. I buy soaps and aftershaves first and foremost like anyone else
for performance. Then price and presentation are important. If I wanted to transfer
my soaps to tupperware or some other container I would ask the vendor to give me
a discount and just send me the soap in a sandwich baggie or saran wrap. On the
other hand, I have seen pictures of shaving dens where all soaps have been transferred
into uniform containers nicely labeled for identification.

WSP has become my favorite soap, andI've tried a bunch over the past several years. Ease of lathering, slickness, cushion all outstanding for me. I'd buy it if it was packed in a thimble.

My WSP Rustic T tobacco soap performs great as most of my tallow soaps do,
not much scent to the soap but the matching aftershave is great and the scent
really shines. I buy soaps and aftershaves first and foremost like anyone else
for performance. Then price and presentation are important. If I wanted to transfer
my soaps to tupperware or some other container I would ask the vendor to give me
a discount and just send me the soap in a sandwich baggie or saran wrap. On the
other hand, I have seen pictures of shaving dens where all soaps have been transferred
into uniform containers nicely labeled for iden
tification.
I love those den pics....

WSP has become my favorite soap, andI've tried a bunch over the past several years. Ease of lathering, slickness, cushion all outstanding for me. I'd buy it if it was packed in a thimble.
Tell them got want 20 thimbles of WSP...equals one container :lol:

Top Bottom