What's new

Anything worth the price in these pictures. Lots of straight razors

Anything worth the price? Wondering if I should purchase one, don't know much about them.

Attachments

• $20160723_135346.jpg
    $20160723_135346.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 173
  • $20160723_135342.jpg
    $20160723_135342.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 169
  • $20160723_135337.jpg
    $20160723_135337.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 169
  • $20160723_135334.jpg
    $20160723_135334.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
That looks fun. Which one catches your eye? First picture, honey horn in the center kinda catches mine. Take some close ups of the ones that call to you. They ain't going nowhere, take your time.

~Royce

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Without seeing the blade it is impossible to determine if they would be worth buying.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I'm on my phone, but The B-hone in the 4th pic looks like a frictionite 00

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I'm with Kent. Can't see the blades. Shave ready? Sez who? If u feelin it, get the one that catches ur eye, but dont go bananas. That's my suggestion.

It's hard to tell what they are or what they're worth being closed like they are. So even if we were allowed to give you pricing information you likely wouldn't get any solid advice from the pictures.

Maybe do some research here to find what type of razor you might be interested in as well as what to look for and what to avoid as far as wear or brand names go. There are some great threads about these topics if you do a search. Definitely avoid anything that says China or Pakastan on it. Then start watching the auctions on ebay and checking sold prices. You'll get a good idea what is going for what prices. Assume shave ready isn't really shave ready as most of the time you're not going to want to shave with a shave ready ebay edge.

You might just want to pick up a shave ready razor from Larry at Whipped Dog as it will actually be shave ready.

Yes, there is no Pricing Estimates allowed here but that is definitely a fine looking collection of shaving history:thumbup:
I always wondered why that was one of the rules (not being negative, just curious). It seems like it could be helpful to know the ballpark value with respect to rarity, so that we would know how much is reasonable to pay for a vintage razor and not get taken to the cleaners. :thumbsup:

I always wondered why that was one of the rules (not being negative, just curious). It seems like it could be helpful to know the ballpark value with respect to rarity, so that we would know how much is reasonable to pay for a vintage razor and not get taken to the cleaners. :thumbsup:

I think the actual reason is due to sellers from other places trying to gauge what people think they are worth so they can reap the maximum price possible whether it is worth that or not. Basically a good way to avoid our members being "Price Gauged" on things they are interested in:thumbup1: Basically "Troll" Avoidance to keep this place as respectable as it is designed to be and is due to these very rules:thumbup:

Top Bottom