What's new

If money is no issue

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
If you're only going out three shaves, I hardly find a difference between Personna Red, Feather, and Polsilver SI. In fact, I don't know that I could tell one from another in a blind shave comparison.

Going out more than three shaves, I'll take Polsilver SI over the other two.

I've not yet tried Kai, mind you.

Is money an object with DE blades? I don't think I have ever spent more than 12¢ per blade, but my favorite blade is Gillette Silver Blue.

Some of the best so far are Bic Chrome Platinum from Greece, Gillette 7 O'Clock Green from India, Racer Super Class Platinum from Egypt, Wilkinson Sword from Germany and Zaza Super Stainless from Turkey. The lowest priced blades are Racer at less than €10,00/100 and the most expensive are Wilkinson Sword at around €13,00/100.
As an added bonus I can get 4 good shaves out of any of these blades, in any one of 10 different razors !!

Picking an overall blade of choice is a tough decision, but I'd choose Zaza, they're not only great performers and very reasonably priced at less than €11,00/100, but the cool, retro packaging is almost like eye candy

$20160505_153334.jpg$20160514_101705.jpg

Last edited:
It's lucky for me that my favourite blades are not that expensive. For DE blades I'd be happy with any of Bolzano, Gillette Silver Blue, Voskhod, or Shark Super Stainless. For my face those blades are superior to some pricier blades such as Kai and Feather.

For Injectors, I use the Chinese Schicks, and those seem to be great and are readily accessible, unlike NOS blades.

Only going on 3 shaves I'll buy almost anything from Russian Gillette, Indian Gillette, any Personna's or even get a hold of some of those Gillette Platinum's from Walgreen's in the States. Now ignoring cost and going with the best performer, I'd pick up a few hundred Nacet's and never buy blades again.

I think a lot of the top tier blades are priced pretty decent. I have maybe 4-5 different brands I use. Price, for me, isn't an issue since they're close in price and I surf the net for deals all the time. Just scored 200 GSB's for $32 bucks. Just have to look and you'll find them. All the blades I got-Med Preps, GSB's, Feathers, Bolzanos, and Perma Sharps I really found great deals on. IMO, why sacrifice when all you have to do is look around?

Blades are so cheap and not a great place to save a couple scents by using a bad one over a good one.

I do use quite a few of the other sharp ones but my preference is for Feather blades.

Top Bottom