What's new

Blackland Blackbird, Merkur 34c .. what next?

To line up the beard: a shavette rules.....use some transparent get so you see where you are cutting.

For the neck part....you could also try: Norelco one blade.....quick and dirty.....done.....no drama.

Have you tried different blades?

Sounds like it could a few problems. Irritation means either to much pressure, going over an area too many times, blackland could have too blade feel / exposure for you. You can buy technique. So will have to find a process and a tool to help eliminate the burn.
Also I have not clue what you process is pre shave, shave and post.
The 34C should not be giving you that burn.
My neck growth is extremely wacky. Dense thick stubble. I have a face mapping to reference and on both sides, I have patches that grow in different directions. So I do one on the neck with the grain. Next on the neck, I do an angled short light cross hatch pattern. This has helped me. Or just try focusing on going with the grain, following the grain pattern on your neck.......lightly.
Fresh good blade...light pressure, let the razor glide over the skin and do its work.
Do not shave or buff on a dry face....
Make sure the face stays hydrated. Execute a very good post shave process.

BFX

I use Shark, Feather, Astra, and Gilettes depending on what I grab

Well first of all try to change your passes during the shave.
I experienced the same as you shaving north to south, east to west and south to north.

I changed the secons pass as the hair in my neck doesn't grow vertically.
South to north
At the neck south to north for second pass, the face stays east to west (or west to east)
Third pass east to west at the neck and south to north in the face.
That way leaves my neck in much better condition.

But if you want another razor I'd recommend the Rockwell 6s.

Great advice above!!

I suggest you map your beard, at least in the problem areas. And I would also try a few other blades, soaps, etc.

BUT since you obviously wish to buy another razor, ‘Why not consider vintage, perhaps a Tech?’ :popc:

Top Bottom