What's new

My preparations for the Shavepocalypse are progressing nicely!

proxy.php

I have 400 more on the way.

I think I'll be ready!

So you bought 700 polsilver + whatever you have already stockpiled (don't act like you don't know what I'm talkin' about)?

Man, you make me seem reasonable, thank you!

So you bought 700 polsilver + whatever you have already stockpiled (don't act like you don't know what I'm talkin' about)?

Man, you make me seem reasonable, thank you!

No problem!

I will buy more PolSilvers, from B&B member DCC's web site: http://www.polsilver-blades.com/

When you buy in bulk, they are cheaper! Today I placed an order for 400 Polsilvers for $68. They arrive at my door at $0.17 per blade. Some of the best money I ever spent.

And you're right, I doo have a few other 100 blade packages, Voskhods and GSBs. I make no apologies! :laugh:

I wish the canadian dollar wasn't so weak at the moment, they's be an even better deal.
Same here.
I'm also hesitant to go away from my go to blade, Gillette Silver Blues. I have been using Bolzano's for the last 4 shaves and they are decent but no GSB's.

Same here.
I'm also hesitant to go away from my go to blade, Gillette Silver Blues. I have been using Bolzano's for the last 4 shaves and they are decent but no GSB's.

Still, free shipping from dcc's page, hard to argue wkth that, especially when the lowest price sales on ebay refuse to ship to canada... I'll still wait for the loonie to bounce back but they're on my want list for sure.

Still, free shipping from dcc's page, hard to argue wkth that, especially when the lowest price sales on ebay refuse to ship to canada... I'll still wait for the loonie to bounce back but they're on my want list for sure.
100% agree and may wait on the looney, may not... it could be a very LONG wait if history is any clue after all.

Check out Overstock.com in the USA. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, that's where I scored mine. They had a 400 blade deal for $64 bucks on GSB's. Check it out.

OK, I think I might be closer to ready now:

proxy.php

Lot of Russian metal there!

I'm still working on it though. I still have more Nacets to get, and I still haven't decided if I want to stock up on 7 O'clock Yellows or Permasharps...

Wow ! By my count, that's 3300 blades. May I ask, what are you thinking ?
If I'm calculating correctly, ..... even at only a conservative two days per blade,
shaving every day, that's 18 years worth of shaves..... Am I missing something here ?
Perhaps a little excessive ?

Wow ! By my count, that's 3300 blades. May I ask, what are you thinking ?
If I'm calculating correctly, ..... even at only a conservative two days per blade,
shaving every day, that's 18 years worth of shaves..... Am I missing something here ?
Perhaps a little excessive ?

Well, I do hope to live at least that long...

I have 500 Nacets, and 500 more on the way. And a couple hundred GSBs, a hundred 7 O'Clock Yellows, various and sundry Feathers, Voskhods, Gillette Goals my wife picked up for me in Indonesia, Treet Black Beauties...

The think is, Nacets last me at least six shaves. So 1000 blades may be a bit excessive. But once you find your personal best blade, it's impossible to resist the temptation to hoard.

For the Nacet fans, the Italian Barber has them on for a very good price that (to me) makes up the difference for our lousy dollar up here!

I have 500 Nacets, and 500 more on the way. And a couple hundred GSBs, a hundred 7 O'Clock Yellows, various and sundry Feathers, Voskhods, Gillette Goals my wife picked up for me in Indonesia, Treet Black Beauties...

The think is, Nacets last me at least six shaves. So 1000 blades may be a bit excessive. But once you find your personal best blade, it's impossible to resist the temptation to hoard.

Exactly!

Top Bottom