What's new

Does the Merkur Replacement Top Plate (long screw) have a notch (for use with Progress)?

Hi there,

I'm looking into buying a 'Replacement Top Plate (long screw)' for my Merkur Progress Long Handle. In the product description, it says the the replacement top plate is compatible with the Merkur 34c, Merkur 38c, Merkur Progress 500 (short handle) and Merkur Progress 510 (long handle).

Does it have a line/notch like the original top cap/plate that comes with the Progress has (that you have to orientate with the side of the razor that has the corresponding arrow)? If not, then how is it meant to work correctly with the Progress?

Thanks.

Hello, the only difference between Progress and 34c/38c top plates is; the notch. All of those plates' threads designed the same. The 34c/38c ones come without the notch. The Progress one comes with the notch.

Hello, the only difference between Progress and 34c/38c top plates is; the notch. All of those plates' threads designed the same. The 34c/38c ones come without the notch. The Progress one comes with the notch.
Yes I know, but I'm wondering if the replacement part I linked has a notch on it.

I ordered the top plate below in late January and it does not have an alignment notch. Reason #3 why I am disappointed with Merkur...

1708777934522.png

Top Bottom