What's new

Feather

B

Barney14

I bought 10 Feather blades for the plastic box they come in for storing new and used blades when travelling.

I used a Feather blade for 3 shaves, all were terrible, weepers and irritation that I don't get with any other blades.

My technique is fine and preparation was as usual.

Worst blades by a long way

Did you get the yellow packed ones or are they grey box?

I only used Feathers for a good 5 years . They were so good in an Edwin Jagger de89 that I could get 7 shaves from them and never felt the need to try other blades, however it dawned upon me that the Grey packed ones are not quite as good as the yellow ones. Maybe placebo as people say they are the same blades. but I certainly felt a difference

Could just be a YMMV thing, many people seem to love Astra green, but they gave me some of the worst shaves I ever had and I would not touch them with a bargepole

Also have you seen this

Last edited:

I only used Feathers for a good 5 years . They were so good in an Edwin Jagger de89 that I could get 7 shaves from them and never felt the need to try other blades, however it dawned upon me that the Grey packed ones are not quite as good as the yellow ones. Maybe placebo as people say they are the same blades. but I certainly felt a difference

Could just be a YMMV thing, many people seem to love Astra green, but they gave me some of the worst shaves I ever had and I would not touch them with a bargepole

Also have you seen this

I found that too. Good post.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I bought 10 Feather blades for the plastic box they come in for storing new and used blades when travelling.

I used a Feather blade for 3 shaves, all were terrible, weepers and irritation that I don't get with any other blades.

My technique is fine and preparation was as usual.

Worst blades by a long way
I’m curious to know what your “regular” blade is.

By the looks of it, you knew you didn't like them...so why continue buying and using them?

I'm not following.

Dec 2018
I tried Nacets in a Tech, i found them to be very sharp but i did gets cuts using them on the first shave, they got easier to use on subsequent shaves.

The only blade i will not buy again is Feather, not forgiving at all and silly money too.

Dec 2018
$9 for 100 is an excellent price, i just don't get on with them, i have tried them in every razor i have owned and had no luck.

May 2019
I have just ordered some Feather and Kai blades, will be interesting to see how these work out.

May 2019 - Did you like them?
The Kai and Feathers arrived today, I have just tried a Feather, fan bloody tactic: D

I hated Feather in all other razors I have owned, in the Baili it's controlled / tamed aggression, cant wait to try a Kai and have been gifted some Scottish Perma Sharps to try.

And yet this past Saturday. Did you like the shave with Feather?
Mine was Prorasso and Feather blade, as you say meditative and refreshed

Last edited:
Also what razor are you using them with ?

I know your not a newbie but a possible hack is to maybe invest in a cheap adjustable (Q shave does one for $15) . this way you can dial your shave up or down as required , the problem may not be the blade but the razor, i have found this to be the case in the past , some Personna for me dont work well in a non adjustable , but work perfect in the adjustable

B

Barney14

Also have you seen this

Yellow pack of 10, tried many blades and I really haven't enjoyed these

B

Barney14

By the looks of it, you knew you didn't like them...so why continue buying and using them?

I'm not following.

Dec 2018

Dec 2018

May 2019

May 2019 - Did you like them?

And yet this past Saturday. Did you like the shave with Feather?
I stated I bought them for the box but didn't have any preconceived opinion about them, just another blade to try, didn't like them even with good prep and technique.

Couldn't give a toss if you follow or not

B

Barney14

My best shave so far was with a EJ DE89 and a feather - super smooth.
Great blades but overpriced and maybe a little overhyped.
As always YMMV but would always recommend getting a sampler to try yourself.
Looking forward to trying them with my Henson AL13 Mild soon.
In my 7o'clock OC I have tried
GSB - Very smooth
7o'clock yellow - Felt sharp but no irritation or weepers
Minora - Didn't feel great but a nice shave.
Rapira - Felt rough and a bit edgy but close shaves.

To try I have
Gillette 7o'clock green Russian
Rapira Swedish
Voskhod
Rubies
Perma Sharp
New package GSB
Astra Platinum
Astra stainless
Nacet

i have used feathers in the past,they were terrible IMO, irritation and cuts , not smooth nor durable, i suggest trying out nacets, theyre the better feathers in my opinion

Top Bottom