What's new

Williams may not be the greatest soap.

This is exactly why I say that a bad lather from Williams can out perform good lathers from some other soaps. Williams is still really slick even when the lather is not so good and can therefore still give a good shave. Some other soaps that I have used (*cough* Col. Conk *cough*) don't have enough slickness for me even when the lather is decent.

I agree about CC, I could never get a slick lather even with a good looking lather and I have soft water so that's not the issue. I just don't think CC is a very good soap.

I agree about CC, I could never get a slick lather even with a good looking lather and I have soft water so that's not the issue. I just don't think CC is a very good soap.

I really gave CC the old college try too. I used it daily (tried both the Lime and the Amber) for about three weeks all told and didn't get acceptable results. It was a Williams shave (thin, but really slick, lather) that convinced me to give up on CC.

Well, I think I might have to take this back. :blush: I had great success with another M&P today so I thought I would try CC again with a test lather and I was able to get a really thick and slick lather. I think I'll try shaving again with it tomorrow and see how it goes. I guess it was me and not loading enough soap and not using enough product before.

Well, I think I might have to take this back. :blush: I had great success with another M&P today so I thought I would try CC again with a test lather and I was able to get a really thick and slick lather. I think I'll try shaving again with it tomorrow and see how it goes. I guess it was me and not loading enough soap and not using enough product before.

I am glad that it is working for you. :thumbup1:

I was loading it like I hated it and still not getting the performance that I wanted. For example, when I pulled the Lime puck out of my shave mug after six shaves and compared it to an unused CC puck, I had used around half the puck. When I pulled the Amber after 15 it had only about 1/3 of the puck remaining. Maybe I didn't have enough water, or maybe I am just CC impaired. :blushing: I even tried blooming the CC pucks while in the shower and superlathering the Amber with KMF.

I think I am still going to take Williams over CC. It is cheaper and so far has given me better shaves.

EDIT:
... Or maybe CC is just wrong for my skin type? It bothers me that I couldn't get it to work like I wanted to. I guess I will just have to stick with Arko and Williams for my bargain soaps.

Last edited:
I am glad that it is working for you. :thumbup1:

I was loading it like I hated it and still not getting the performance that I wanted. For example, when I pulled the Lime puck out of my shave mug after six shaves and compared it to an unused CC puck, I had used around half the puck. When I pulled the Amber after 15 it had only about 1/3 of the puck remaining. Maybe I didn't have enough water, or maybe I am just CC impaired. :blushing: I even tried blooming the CC pucks while in the shower and superlathering the Amber with KMF.

I think I am still going to take Williams over CC. It is cheaper and so far has given me better shaves.

EDIT:
... Or maybe CC is just wrong for my skin type? It bothers me that I couldn't get it to work like I wanted to. I guess I will just have to stick with Arko and Williams for my bargain soaps.
I always say do what works but you can always try again later as you improve. You might find it works for you later like I have.

I always say do what works but you can always try again later as you improve. You might find it works for you later like I have.

I have read plenty of posts on B&B of that very nature, so I won't say I will never go back to CC, or that it will never work for me. But, unless I start having horrible results, I will probably always consider Williams to be the superior product of the two.

Top Bottom