What's new

Bread. Simple.

Yet another thread. Here is my contribution, no-knead bread:

proxy.php

It cannot get any easier than that. Follow No-knead bread, NYT Cooking

that's awesome, i literally just an hour ago, was mixing those ingredients from that bittman recipe and put it away for tomorrow morning.

my wife and i were making so manyb breads about 5 -8 years ago, keeping multiple starters in the fridge , but somehow we lost it and just started buying from the bakery at wegmans.

just watched the video with the recipe and that looks almost too easy!! I will have to try it next weekend!

The bread crust makes a crackling noise as it cools down. This bread is fantastic, not only because is so simple, but because it tastes divine. I had some butter spread on a slice this morning with my coffee and it was just perfect.

For those who never tried it before, the texture is rubbery and dense, with an open crumb. The crust is very hard and thick, with its own taste.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Bread is my Achilles heel. I can picture dipping that in some olive oil infused with toasted garlic and cracked ground pepper.

Bread is my Achilles heel. I can picture dipping that in some olive oil infused with toasted garlic and cracked ground pepper.
Same heel here.:laugh:

Dips that I enjoy very much (with a glass of wine or a cold beer and a good company, great for entertaining and while cooking)

Olive oil, salt and basil

Olive oil, oregano, basil, rosemary, kosher salt, fresh minced garlic

Olive oil, fresh basil, garlic and salt (this is like a pesto but runnier, with basil through a processor). Add pine nuts to this...

These are all great when you have friends over and short on time.

mine is about to go into the oven, but its so doesnt look like the videos consistency , if i had put it in a cotton cloth, it would have stuck forever.

It will not stick to the cloth if you rest it for a minute or two till you get the pot out of the oven. If you put it in a cloth for a second rise (an hour or so) then yes, it will stick big time. Have a scraper ready.

I believe the second rise to be optional. If you just follow that video it will turn beautifully.

Rub your palms with flour and have flour sprinkled over the dough when folding and shaping. My dough for this recipe is very wet and I don't use a cloth. Letting the dough sit on the countertop for five seconds till I get the pot out of the oven it will not harm the dough.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJhKx0NQHos

the second rise killed me.. it stuck to everything, thank god i have a dough scraper... b/c it was so wet i threw it in the pot and instantly knew i had made the mistake of not heating the pot... it had decent crust and crumb, but was more flat than it should be, but we ate it up regardless of the mistakes...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The bread crust makes a crackling noise as it cools down. This bread is fantastic, not only because is so simple, but because it tastes divine. I had some butter spread on a slice this morning with my coffee and it was just perfect.

For those who never tried it before, the texture is rubbery and dense, with an open crumb. The crust is very hard and thick, with its own taste.

Thank you for posting this. I need to make some bread.

Looks and sounds great. I love fresh bread, but i have absolutly no patients for waiting for dough to rise and all the fun stuff that goes into making fresh bread.

Looks and sounds great. I love fresh bread, but i have absolutly no patients for waiting for dough to rise and all the fun stuff that goes into making fresh bread.
I am afraid you got that wrong. No need for waiting beside the dough, you carry on with your life while yeast is working hard. :lol:

It is all in planning, one great thing about this bread is that it only needs 10 minutes (or less) of your time to make it. No kneading and no proofing.

Top Bottom