What's new

Opinion please.

Sellable or not? $image.jpg

^definitely yes.
but only as royalty free micro stock, eg 30cents a download.
buyers will be realtors, web designers, travel sites, etc.
looks sharp.
you might tweak with opening shadows, and horizontal shift to straighten the shoreline.
such as...

$dougie.jpg

I was actually thinking of selling the prints locally and not online.
Full size render will print 20x60 inch at 300 dpi.
hadnt thought about the river. It is shot from the levy on the river pretty close to I-75. Very similiar to the views that motorists see traveling South coming into downtown Dayton on I -75. Close to the view from the Dayton Art Institute east driveway (top of the sdouble stairs).

hadnt thought about the river and shifting. The last shot had a little grass from the close shore... It is currently under construction and all mud.

20x 60 I can get printed for $20. Smaller costs more.

If you don't know if it's sell-able or not, I would highly suggest not starting with weird ratios like 20x60" as that makes framing and matting way more costly.

It's really a generic skyline, with lighting that isn't that notable, bare trees, and for lack of a better term a boring and uninteresting sky. Not inherently a bad picture, but your market for large prints of Dayton Ohio is going to be extremely limited. The micro-stock market sarimento mentioned is really the only logical place this would sell.

and, add some romance to the image.
you're local, so you can pick a great weather morning or evening.
here are some of the better selling microstock images, not mine...

$dayton skyline.jpg

ps..regarding the construction and mud, if it's not too terrible, sometimes you can edit it and return to green grass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom