What's new

First Shave with a straight.

Well, I just got my first straight back from Larry Andreisen after honing. Put it to use today for the first time. I'm sure the technique was terrible but the results were fine. I did 2 passes very clumsily, but the results are almost as good as a 2 pass shave with my DE....

I did get a nick on my upper lip trying to go sideways under my nose. I don't think that is a good idea. It went away with styptic. I was happy that was the only damage.

Slapped on the Citrus Musk and had almost no alcohol burn. I'm excited for tomorrow.

Here is my new weapon of destruction.
$image.jpg

Larry did a really nice job putting on new scales and honing it up. He even cleaned and polished it up a little too. It is a Henckels.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Congrats on joining the ranks of straight shavers! Putting steel to face and neck for the first time can be a little intimidating, yes?

3rd shave down. No more nicks. No irritation at all. Chin is the toughest spot to get close, but I'm getting better. Under nose is tough too. I can't believe how cool it is to mow down whiskers with a big razor. Really fun. Super smooth with the right angle.

Good for you man! Im chuffed for you. Keep it up i promise youll Never look back. Youll soon have the bug like the rest of us and the razor collection to prove it haha

Glad to hear about the results. I would suggest that since you send your razors out for honing and such that you may need to consider getting a couple more good-shaving razors so that you're not without one when one needs to be sent out. It's actually quite a fair excuse to get a few more on the way.

Top Bottom