What's new

Show us what's NOT on your counter-how do you hide your stuff?

We have seen several photos of shave dens with gear proudly displayed. Counter tops, walls, shelves and such all used to store or display shaving gear of all types. Without a doubt we are all envious, not only of your gear but of your ability to display freely.
But what about those of us forced to hide our obsession behind closed doors, in secret hide-a-ways or tucked in boxes and drawers? How do YOU hide your gear? Show us your clever ways of storing your stuff so we can learn new ways (and drool over your cool things too)!

Here are a few to get you started: (my secret shave den behind the clothes hanging in my closet & a dresser drawer full of soaps and hardware)
$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448835818.625739.jpg
All of my stuff resides on/in my dresser as we all share a bathroom and I'm not allowed to keep all my stuff in there. On top of my dresser are my razor, my brushes, my lathering bowl, and the aftershaves and colognes that are too tall to fit in a dresser drawer.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448835909.269923.jpg
On the left side of my top drawer are my colognes and aftershaves that WILL fit in there, along with my inventory of blades (currently Big Bens and Astra SPs)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448835973.519294.jpg
On the right side are my soaps and creams.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448836035.483304.jpg
Finally, we have what I call "Da Stash," basically any items that I have duplicates of or I'm not using right now.

Hi,

I have it easy. Very little stuff. I only use two razors on a regular basis, so they can sit out. Along with the two soaps, one brush and one AS. Easy. Also, SWMBO only has two razors as well, so they sit next to mine. Did I mention it was easy? :p

Stan

Only thing I "hide" is my alum stick, styptic pencil, pre-shave lube, and aftershave because there just isn't room on the counter. Like KQY61, I don't have much so no need to really hide anything ^_^

View attachment 618890
All of my stuff resides on/in my dresser as we all share a bathroom and I'm not allowed to keep all my stuff in there. On top of my dresser are my razor, my brushes, my lathering bowl, and the aftershaves and colognes that are too tall to fit in a dresser drawer.

View attachment 618892
On the left side of my top drawer are my colognes and aftershaves that WILL fit in there, along with my inventory of blades (currently Big Bens and Astra SPs)

View attachment 618894
On the right side are my soaps and creams.

View attachment 618896
Finally, we have what I call "Da Stash," basically any items that I have duplicates of or I'm not using right now.
I started with a drawer (half a drawer really) and part of a cabinet and some small part of counter space. We just keep the counter fairly clear of such things ...or we used to.

just today I built little soap dish shelves inside the cabinet (into the upper half of the cabinet, since it is so tall it just cried out for such an addition) that will help to hold the soaps I currently own that are split between the cabinet and drawer.

Don't worry guys, I won't hold your small collections against you if you don't hold the fact I have to hide mine from my wife and kids. Its not like SWMBO cares how much I have, only that it has a place to be put away ...so I build a place that is safe from spring cleaning and such.

I have a small one of those plastic bins under the counter full of bits and bobs. If my 'extra' stuff doesn't fit in there then I have too much stuff. Starting out for the first few months though, I did have a few full of all sorts.

Hi,

Indeed. Nothing to see there. Move right on along. :)

Oh, never stop showing piles of stuff. I love seeing it. Also :)

In the interest of full disclosure, my Fasan DoubleSlant and one Grandfather's Old Type sit on the counter. Those being the most used. My Dad's Tech is in the travel kit. His 40s SuperSpeed and my other Grandfather's Straight are in a drawer. I also recently picked up a Gem MicroMatic during the Sue Auctions, and it is busy being passed around at the moment.

So, that is all my razors at this point. SWMBO has a Lady Gillette DE and a Lady Eversharp SE, which sit out next to my two. :)

Stan

Edit: oh. And we both have a Mach-3 for air travel. Somehow, I always forget we have those. In the drawer.... :p

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I have everything in the bathroom, no one to hide it from, not such a huge collection that I have any overflow. The only thing not in the bathroom are the boxes my brushes came in

Another cool thing I like to see is how people repurpose things that have nothing to do with shaving to hold/display brushes, razors, blades, soaps and such. I get the coolest ideas from seeing what people do.

Posted in another thread bit it fits

Soaps and creams (now there are 2 of these but only one in the pic)
$20150322_160304.jpg

Razors not in rotation:
$20150713_203606.jpg
$20150713_203640.jpg

And in the bathroom, but not on the counter:
$20150322_160335.jpg

Don't have a pic of the blades, but I've embarrassed myself enough with the abundance. Lol
I've also added some wooden test tube holders for extras that aren't in the cigar boxes or carousel.

Posted in another thread bit it fits

Soaps and creams (now there are 2 of these but only one in the pic)
View attachment 619265

Razors not in rotation:
View attachment 619266
View attachment 619267

And in the bathroom, but not on the counter:
View attachment 619268

Don't have a pic of the blades, but I've embarrassed myself enough with the abundance. Lol
I've also added some wooden test tube holders for extras that aren't in the cigar boxes or carousel.
Just a few things right? I like the vintage stamp holders, I stole that idea and use one to hold a few brushes and razors (on my counter). I made a rack that holds 7 razors but only rests across 2 of the clamps, it allows me to have 4 brushes and 7 razors all in one spot. Why 7 razors? because until just recently that's what I had (well my first rack held four, then I had to scale up).
I bought some wire shrink wrap and slipped it onto the metal part of the clamp then put it (just the carousel part) into a warm 200 degree oven for a few minutes to shrink the tubing into place.

I like how the Foxhole shavers have everything in perfect order, really is a great way to start the day!

Just a few things right? I like the vintage stamp holders, I stole that idea and use one to hold a few brushes and razors (on my counter). I made a rack that holds 7 razors but only rests across 2 of the clamps, it allows me to have 4 brushes and 7 razors all in one spot. Why 7 razors? because until just recently that's what I had (well my first rack held four, then I had to scale up).
I bought some wire shrink wrap and slipped it onto the metal part of the clamp then put it (just the carousel part) into a warm 200 degree oven for a few minutes to shrink the tubing into place.

I like how the Foxhole shavers have everything in perfect order, really is a great way to start the day!

That a great idea with the shrink tubing. I'm careful because the clamps are metal, but that would fiz the issue. Might have to do that.... too bad all my radio shacks closed here.... hmmm. Amazon to the rescue?!?

That a great idea with the shrink tubing. I'm careful because the clamps are metal, but that would fiz the issue. Might have to do that.... too bad all my radio shacks closed here.... hmmm. Amazon to the rescue?!?
got mine at harbor freight for a couple bucks (like 8ft of it in a roll) I forget the size but it was one of the bigger sizes on the shelf (maybe 3/8 inch). Ill check tonight and let you know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom