What's new

🪒 🪒 SOTD - “New Gear" Theme Week - June 12th to 18th, 2023 🪒 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again B&Bers!

This week’s Shave of the Day Theme is “New Gear”. This is an opportunity to show recently acquired shaving items.

This weekly theme is simple… we just want to see your new shaving stuff! Buy a new brush lately? Loving a newly acquired soap or razor blade? Show us and tell us all about it.

We want to see pics that include your recent shaving gear acquisitions. Are you excited about something you recently added to the collection? We definitely want to know more!

Nothing fairly new in your den? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your new gear!

Menthol Monday SOTD
20230611_165232.jpg

Razor: Schick Repeating Razor C2
Blade: Schick Injector (D1)
Brush: Semogue 2016 LE 2-Band
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Cream: Ethos Blood Orange Iced (Koolada)
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Extro Italia

High Efficiency June 2023

Razor: Lambda Ares
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Light Brigades (1)
Brush: B and B Contributors Brush 2023
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Meštar Dišpet
Aftershasve: Old Spice Original (glass bottle, made in Italy), Unscented Balm (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face) worked out nicely

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

I love this razor! Its great. It really is. Its smooth, gentle, efficient, shave with it mostly on a steep angle and sometimes adjust to more neutral to make sure I get all the whiskers. The open comb, really just does not seem like its there, you know its there but its just so smooth on the skin. How many days growth did it take down, that I will get to in a moment.

The Wilkinson Sword Light Brigades, wow, these are sharp, smooth blades. I am really impressed by them! They were recommended to me to use, I did not do any research on them just that I was told that some people say they are on par with Personna 74s (told thats all but again no reserach on it, it was recommended). I haven't shave with Personna 74s but have with the Personna Spc's (which are basically suppose to be the equivlant just not the longevity as there is a long thread on here on B and B about them which is why I have them) so when I was recommended these I had to try them plus this. That picture alone sold me on them but they were really superb with this. Its a highly impressive blade.

1686543082258.png

PAA Cube, works great for me, really does.

The Meštar Dišpet works great for me, not a thirsty soap, loaded my brush like crazy because I had a lot of growth, was able to get great lather and plenty of extra if I needed it, great post shave feel, just really like it. Not tallow but its ok, does make great lather, good slickness and easy to work a lather up, enjoy it.

The B and B contributors Brush 2023 with the Paladin Badger hair, its awesome! Not scritchy at all, I mean at all, great to face lather, so glad I did get this.

I used the Old Spice Aftershave Original, made in Italy, glass bottle, really enjoy it. I used a special unscented balm after, works great, skins feels really good.

This was a really super shave, something I needed on many levels. The razor is so great, I love it. I went WTG, WTG with touch ups then ATG. No nicks, weeper, cuts and irritation. Got a great BBS, Very happy with it.

This was on 13 days growth btw with no clippers or trimmers so it was just the razor, blade and all the other stuff needed to yes, great shave with this open comb razor. I do have thick coarse facial hair to so it was really nice to shave, felt great.
20230611_181308.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
05B83808-3FDD-4EFD-B5FA-F67BBF780272.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Junior Aristocrat.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Spearhead Seaforth Sea Spice Lime
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Zingari Man The Watchman Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Tauer L'Air Des Alpes Suisses EdP

Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Gillette Minora Stainless
Brush: Simpson M7 Manchurian
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel /Nancy Boy Replenishing After-Shave Gel
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro-Boost

full

The brush is only a few weeks old and I've been using it exclusively since it arrived in order to get to know it better.

Razor: RazoRock, Game Changer .68-P
Blade: King C. Gillette
Brush: Shavemac, 2 Band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Art of Shaving, Sandalwood (Tallow)
Post Shave: Duke Cannon, After-Shave Balm

SOTD JUNE 12th
June 2023 GRUME

Hello friends

To start the week, a comfortable and pleasant shave. Today I went back to Green Cult 2.0 baseplate II and Wizamet (4) to deal with a 2 day beard. Semogue 830, Arko and Denim Original set me up for a great week.

With us, Marvin Gaye on When I'm Alone I Cry, a 64 album that is a true hidden gem. In it, Marvin sings a pair of ballads from Lady in Satin that Billy Holliday brought to Saturday's shave.

Rating: 9

Have a nice week and great shaves.
❤️🪒

014E9FDB-DCBD-42E1-81F6-19EF237B6693.jpeg
IMG_9024.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom