Not open for further replies.
IMG_5146.jpeg

Razor: Heritage Collection Shaving Gibbs #15 Replica
Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum (d2)

Lather: Barrister & Mann Adagio
Brush: AKA Brushworx Abalone
Bowl: AKA Brushworx Abalone (3-pass)

Post 1: P.A.A Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Adagio

Oh, man! Adagio. I've had my heart set on adding this software set to my shave den for a long time. Pretty much ever since I first heard about it. Which was a long time ago. And now that I have it, I couldn't be happier.

As you may or may not know Adagio is pretty much billed as being a lime and cherry fragrance. But it's more than that. Its actual notes are lime, cherry, violet leaf absolute, lily of the valley, floral musk from Galaxolide, and a nice medium-light touch of menthol.

Adagio, to me, is quite a unique fragrance. From the soap, I definitely get the lime note of the top but the rest of what I pick up is genuinely an interesting mix. The combination of violet leaf absolute, lily of the valley, and Galaxolide come together to form a fragrance that's green, fruity, and floral. And with the inclusion of some menthol, you get the added benefit of some fun cooling.

My tool of choice today was a H.C.S. Gibbs Replica. This being my second use, it came through with flying colors. I did one aggressive pass followed by two more less aggressive ones, ultimately earning me a bbs.

To cap this shave off I splashed on some matching aftershave and oh my! Haha. Let me tell you, this aftershave is so freakin good! You get a lot more of the cherry note and of course, the menthol is more noticeable. I have to say, this aftershave is amazing! I love it.

Well, another great shave in the books. Thanks for reading my friend and enjoy your shaves.

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Schick Type F
Blade: Schick Injector (D6)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 3 Step
Bowl: Black Ship Grooming 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Butter: Mickey Lee Lime
Shave Cream: Taconic Tequila Lime
Balm: Castle Forbes Lime
Aftershave: Avon Island Lime

SOTD: 17th June 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Radox Feel Active Sea Salt & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Goodfellas Smile Abysso Shaving Soap.
Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminum Handle Tech S4. - Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor: Kanzy K100. (Head/Dome) - Chinese Gillette London Bridge. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Goodfellas Smile Abysso ASL./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend....Second outing of the Goodfellas Smile Abysso duo which is a real joy. The lathering performance and post shave feel from the soap is incredibly good. what more can I say.

Carrying on with the Chinese Gillette London Bridge which are another great match for both the 70's Gillette Tech & Kanzy K100. These blades feel comfortable sharp & smooth.

A close comfortable acceptable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
2CEB7391-AC35-45A2-A36B-0BB90E19B87C.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins and Brimble Synthetic Brush.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Wilkinson Sword Blue Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Junior Aristocrat.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) R.O.I. EDP Bespoke London.

m8t8Ybg.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Leonidam Horus Silvertip Badger
Soap: Spearhead Seaforth Heather
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS German-packaged Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Spearhead Seaforth Heather Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Shulton Herbal EdC

Lovely shave. The vintage Shulton Herbal cologne was a great match with the Seaforth Heather scent.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday June 17th 2023

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE slant 316 polished SS- Mfg 2023>, mild range, well made with a excellent design for a torqued slant + a reasonable finish that is adequate for my shaving needs. I like to use the Kai SS extra wide for a little more blade feel. Had a close shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS Extra wide(8) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. Great blade for mild razors if a fellow wants a boost in efficentcy and a slight increased blade feel if that is wanted.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wild rose cream, if a person likes rose scents this one is very nice 6-7/10 strength with excellent later qualities also.
Brush : Yaqi "Lucky dice" 26mm brown whiskers fan knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly, luxury cloud like soft tips, very enjoyable splay scrubber + excellent lather lather painter. Nice big handle with a excellent knot IMO!
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 small weeper=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Slope slant 316 SS razor with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD May June 17 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

IMG_20230610_122242_722.jpg

IMG_20230610_122048_826.jpg
IMG_20230610_121809_270.jpg
IMG_20230610_121803_359.jpg

SOTD From INDIA

PROS: So far I have used 5 different razors, out of which the first 3 I have the most experience with. I got Wazir just 10 days ago :
Plastic razors give a good shave but you don't get that feeling if we compare it to using a good metallic razor. I received Wazir a few days ago. It comes with 2 heads: CC & OC. So far I shaved 4 times with it, thrice with CC and once with OC. And I kept everything else the same (blade, shaving cream, aftershave lotion). I think I found my perfect razor: Wazir with CC head. It's neither mild nor aggressive. Has only a very small amount of blade overhang, only what's needed. The angle is different from both Urban Mooch and Ricardo. Wazir with CC head and Diamond Edge blades is the best thing happened to me in wet-shaving.

CONS: As you can see from the pic, the blade alignment is not so good. In fact, I adjusted and aligned for some time before taking the pic. If you just put in the blade and screw-in the handle then it's pretty much misaligned. This surprises me because if Gillette can make a razor with no overhang and perfect alignment and that too as low as $0.5- and $1.0 (check out Gillette Permasharp green color and Super Platinum black color plastic razors above) then why not something where I spent $5 or even other razors which cost 10 times more than Gillette can not align the blade properly? It's the same DE blade. Still, good thing is you can adjust it but one side of the razor gives you medium aggressive blade feel while the other gives a mild razor feel.

17 June, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Barbaros TR-1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Grooming Cult: Hesperus ( Prometheus II )
Fragrance: Oud Stars : Alexandria by Xerjoff

another top notch offering from the 'Cult'.. the scent reminds me of Azzaro PH, spicy barbershop. Wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom