What's new

Replacement

My brother had bought me a bottle of Johnny Walker Green as a Best Man present. It sat in the house as the house liquor, much to the relish of my friends. Now that the bottle is kicked, what would be a comparable liquor to have in the house?

My brother had bought me a bottle of Johnny Walker Green as a Best Man present. It sat in the house as the house liquor, much to the relish of my friends. Now that the bottle is kicked, what would be a comparable liquor to have in the house?

You're going to want an middle aged, somewhat smoky, and spicy scotch. I think out of the ones I've tried, I'd recommend Jura 16, but that is quite a bit smokier than the green going by my memory.

You could also go for one of the whisky's that make up the blend:
Each of the malts (Talisker, Linkwood, Cragganmore, and Caol Ila) was selected by the blender for balance, with each malt whisky matured for a minimum of 15 years.

Probably the Caol Ila or Talisker since they get pretty good reviews (Cragganmore does as well for that matter).

I'd just get another bottle of green. It was supposedly discontinued, but I keep finding it on shelves.

How about refill the same bottle with something less spendy. Who could tell the difference?

Me.

Top Bottom