What's new

Pets are Gross

Almost 3y old Corgi - with free range to the backyard.
Most of the back is hardscaped and/or pebbled

Only ~10% of our downstairs flooring is carpeted.
Hardwood mostly with stone in the bathrooms.

I sweep daily & run the Robotic Cleaner afterwards. The kids mop (Swifter Wet)at least 2x per week.

That being said, we keep an Air Purifier in the Living Room near the den. With our house having a large footprint, we essentially have a dog run to the front door for him to play fetch.

It's amazing how drastically and quickly the air quality degrades during that time...

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Almost 3y old Corgi - with free range to the backyard.
Most of the back is hardscaped and/or pebbled

Only ~10% of our downstairs flooring is carpeted.
Hardwood mostly with stone in the bathrooms.

I sweep daily & run the Robotic Cleaner afterwards. The kids mop (Swifter Wet)at least 2x per week.

That being said, we keep an Air Purifier in the Living Room near the den. With our house having a large footprint, we essentially have a dog run to the front door for him to play fetch.

It's amazing how drastically and quickly the air quality degrades during that time...
I keep my HRV going full time with all the dander and much grosser things floating around.

Also, you can have my Dyson vacuum...when you pry it from my cold, dead hand.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
IMG_5677.jpeg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Nope, even though it has been in the world news lately..

How about dogs eating strange foods?

Martha won't eat carrots but she likes dill pickle

She begs for peppers when we are cutting them up but won't eat them. She will eat them if they are cooked and have fajita seasoning on them though.

View attachment 1778506
Both our dogs love carrots, celery, peppers, apples and almost every fruit and veggie.
Celery is their primary snack instead of fattening and expensive dog "treats"

My old Rottie would sit behind me drooling while I made my work lunch sandwich. He waited patiently ish for the Lettuce! He would take that over the meat, cheese, or bread.

He also loved cabbage and brussel sprouts. Cooked and uncooked.
Was a very strange dog!

She begs for peppers when we are cutting them up but won't eat them. She will eat them if they are cooked and have fajita seasoning on them though.
My Father-in-Law has a garden next door. The dog did have access to said garden...until she decided she really like pumpkins, cantalopes, squash, and other such veggies. FIL had the electric fence re-routed to no longer provide access to the garden. Dog still get's sad when he's working in the garden and she can't go say hi.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE

View attachment 1778506

Bruce doesn't like veggies. He can't resist the smell of French fries though. Also, from his days as a feral pup he still enjoys eating a fine dirt. He was found emaciated by an RCMP officer on the highway, half his tail burnt off, his cheek torn up by other dogs :(

Yours and mine almost have that separated at birth thing going on, so similar.

One of our cats is obsessed with bread products, particularly croissants. The other cat doesn't care about any human foods. Their "den mother" RIP was all about the yogurt!

Bruce doesn't like veggies. He can't resist the smell of French fries though. Also, from his days as a feral pup he still enjoys eating a fine dirt. He was found emaciated by an RCMP officer on the highway, half his tail burnt off, his cheek torn up by other dogs :(

Yours and mine almost have that separated at birth thing going on, so similar.

One of our cats is obsessed with bread products, particularly croissants. The other cat doesn't care about any human foods. Their "den mother" RIP was all about the yogurt!
Ours is a runty 50lb all muscle, Rottweiler/bully mix. She was picked up by the city as a stray at around 7month. She was microchipped and tattooed, so they contacted the owners. They never came so they contacted them a second time. Again, they never came, so the city pound took her in. No one wanted her, even the people whom came before us to see her. We tease her as being "the little runty dog that no one wanted". I wouldn't trade her for anything.

She camps with us, sleeps with us, comforts us, got me into trail running and is my running partner in the forest (3y now), starting to canoe, loves the paddleboard (with her own PFD) and is know as "The Black Shadow" in our house as she is always by my side.

Best 200 investment we have even made.

Maybe no one wanted her as this was her adoption photo!
IMG_20200709_135454.jpg

She's 4 now:

Her favorite evening spot if watching TV
IMG_20200712_083942.jpg

How she sits if you join her on the window look out bench:
PXL_20210527_115609940.jpg

Top Bottom