What's new

Share Your Unfortunate Christmas Present Experiences!

In the early 80’s moon boots were popular which most kids wanted and when i opened up this small gift from my mother its was an IOU for moonboots. LOL

We were poor but didn’t understand that at the time but disappointed and felt ripped off for such a “Gift” and i dont think i ever got them.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Sometime in the early 80s I got the Millennium Falcon on Christmas morning. It was probably the most expensive gift my parents, errr Santa, had ever brought me. We drove to my grandmothers for Christmas dinner and my uncle accidentally stepped on it and it, like my heart, shattered into 100s of pieces.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Sometime in the early 80s I got the Millennium Falcon on Christmas morning. It was probably the most expensive gift my parents, errr Santa, had ever brought me. We drove to my grandmothers for Christmas dinner and my uncle accidentally stepped on it and it, like my heart, shattered into 100s of pieces.
I got the Millennium Falcon as a kid in the 80s as well, Adam. I still have most of my Star Wars action figures from those days but have no idea on the final fate of my Falcon. 🍻

The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane. My God Parents gave me this which as a teenager in the 70's I didn't appreciate at all. I finally read it while I was in university and felt like an ***. It is a great book. I called each of my God Parents and thanked them 6 years after receiving it.

Top Bottom