What's new

ROTD Run Of The Day : post yours

6.2 slooow miles at Caloosahatchee Creeks Preserve. The trail has dried out, but there are still two 20-30 yd impassable wet sections on each of the big loops. Here are a few shots of today's run:

A palm strand, an otter who came back for a picture when called, and a slick Caloosahatchee clay coating for my shoes!

Last edited:
Thanks, Rick. I'm really looking forward to it. This has been an amazing experience. Wish I could do it every year.

Big group run tonight. Did heartbreak hill 4 times. Total run was about 5 miles. Lots of fun as I usually run solo.

Big group run tonight. Did heartbreak hill 4 times. Total run was about 5 miles. Lots of fun as I usually run solo.
I planned to do Boston in the late 80s, and I had run a half marathon and a couple 15 mile training runs to prepare for a qualifying marathon in the prior November, the Boston Peace Marathon. Unfortunately, it was canceled due to lack of funds for traffic control, and my marathon dream died. I think that if I ever made it to Heartbreak Hill, I will keep reminding myself, "This is a downhill marathon!"

Lol. The downhill piece will take some practice.

Sorry to hear btw. Yeah, I'd have no chance to qualify now to be honest (maybe 10 years ago). I'm running on a charity team- which in many ways is very rewarding in and of itself.

Quick 5K on the road tonight - 55 degree run. Not many cool runs left before it starts warming up again.

Yeah, a 3:25 qualifying marathon is out of the question for me, too! That's a 7:50 pace. Can't manage that for a 5K these days. :-(

Last edited:
Top Bottom