What's new

Custom Shave Stand

Hey everyone, recently I Converted my brother to straight razor shaving and he is a bit short of accessories so I decided to help him out. By day I am an aircraft mechanic, but on the weekends, I like to build stuff. So when he asked me where I got my stand, I figured I would build him one. After all, what are brothers for? He likes trucks and jeeps so I decided to incorporate that into my design. I happened to have some jeep parts left over from a recent engine overhaul which I used to build this. The base of the stand is a rocker and the brush and blade holders are pushrods. I welded on a couple nuts to hold the razor and the bowl stand is a random end cap from work I had lying around. All in all it took me about two hours to make. I just finished up the Coating on it and I think it came out great But please let me know what you think as I'm always open to criticism.

Attachments

• $IMAG0152.jpg
    $IMAG0152.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 206
  • $IMAG0153.jpg
    $IMAG0153.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 204
  • $IMAG0154.jpg
    $IMAG0154.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 204
  • $IMAG0155.jpg
    $IMAG0155.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 204
  • $IMAG0156.jpg
    $IMAG0156.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 204
Thanks for the positive responses guys! I appreciate it. I literally just handed this to my brother and he is thrilled with it as well . So mission accomplished on that front. :)

$IMAG0157.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to post this. Here it is with the final coating. It's kind of hard to tell, but I used a kind of solid film lubricant that will keep it from rusting but won't chip like paint does. And if it does get scuffed up all he has to do is re-apply. It's a little dark in the picture but it is a nice matte grey finish over all.

Last edited:
Wow!! That is so totally cool. Extremely creative and execution is over the top. Your brother is one fortunate dude.

Top Bottom