What's new

Mystic Water Shave Soap

Glad for ya that no reaction occurred with marakesh. How's the scent on it? On the website it mentions someone saying it smells like the desert after a rain.

Glad for ya that no reaction occurred with marakesh. How's the scent on it? On the website it mentions someone saying it smells like the desert after a rain.

I'm not sure about the desert after a rain, but it is a very interesting scent. It's definitely heavy on the patchouli, especially when lathered, but I like it much better than other patchouli dominant soaps I've used in the past. I think the cedarwood, oak moss, and cinnamon keep the patchouli in check so it's not overbearing.

I'm really impressed with the way the different fragrances are blended together in all of the samples I received (as well as the Poggio dei Pini and Barbershop samples I had a while ago). Other than the Lime and Jeff's Lavender, which are intentionally very singular scent profiles, none of the others have components that are overly dominant and distract from the scent as a whole. They are all very well balanced to my nose.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Irish Traveller arrived today. Gave it a test lather. I love the scent! I may need to get some Creed Green Irish Tweed and a matching aftershave at some point. Very nice. Thirsty soap, too, but feels like it will be very slick. Looking forward to actually shaving with it!

Irish Traveller arrived today. Gave it a test lather. I love the scent! I may need to get some Creed Green Irish Tweed and a matching aftershave at some point. Very nice. Thirsty soap, too, but feels like it will be very slick. Looking forward to actually shaving with it!

Very much looking forward to my Irish traveler arriving. Have tried another company's Git scent and am a big fan. Hoping this one is just as nice.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
My shave with the soap went well. Oddly enough, my Chubby 1 actually had trouble lathering it. Using my Ubersoft really got it going, though. Looking forward to more shaves with it!

Mail call today. As I was smelling the samples I kept waiting to find one I don't like, but it never happened. They are all blended so well. The only one I don't think I would order a full jar (based on scent only) is the Maestrale, but only because I'm not a huge peppermint fan and that is the dominant note I get from it. Now to keep my fingers crossed and see how my skin handles them.

Give the Maestrale a try. It has a different, more complex scent profile after lathering. The mint is still there, but I don't find it overpowering. This was one I didn't like either, from first smell, but after lathering it, I changed my mind. Lather it in a bowl, and if you don't like the smell of the lather, you can send it down the drain and lather something else. But you never know until you try :)

I love Michelles scents and her customer-service. Especially adoreher take on Bay Rum, she has recently added lanolin, which gives the shaving soap an even better post-shave feel. Michelles Bay Rum is a manly, mild Bay Rum.
Her Adirondack Jack scent is a little bit similar to Bay Rum, and also very nice for winter. In summer I also like Lavender Lime and Jasmine. And also the simple Prospect Creek, which provides me just the right amount of menthol "Proraso-like" kick in the morning. Lilly of the Valley is also nice, but for some reason, I didn´t want this one as a shaving soap.

Only Flops for my taste were the Anise, Brown Windsor, and the Espresso Soap Cuppa Joe.

Great soaps, very good value. I wish Michelle she would/could substitute the palmoil for environment-protection and she would produce a shave-balm, too.

Great soaps, very good value. I wish Michelle she would/could substitute the palmoil for environment-protection and she would produce a shave-balm, too.

Not only do we have very similar tastes in the soaps, I like the way ya think.
Especially in Bay Rum.

I finished up my samples of Marrakesh and Brown Windsor, neither one caused any sort of burning for my face which is unusual for me with scented soaps (especially considering the Marrakesh has an FO component). I have 6 more samples to work through eventually, but I'm still just favoring the Sensitive formula too much to really be in a rush for the next scent.

Here is some MW Sensitive Skin lathered up. It's been a little over 3 weeks since I've been using only MW soaps, mostly the SS formula. It never ceases to amaze me each morning.

I am looking at the sandalwood rose and saw it mentioned in this thread a couple of times. For those who have used it is the rose a sweeter scent or a darker more natural scent?

Yes, you do.
$uploadfromtaptalk1446077963333.jpg

Top Bottom