What's new

Need help for SV next purchase

I have 3 SV soaps in my collection. Tundra Artica, Cubebe and Stella Alpina.

Now I am keen on getting another but it will have to be a blind buy. For those that have tried multiple SV offerings I hope you can point me in the right direction based on the following.

Tundra Artica - Absolutely love the scent. It will be in my permanent rotation.

Cubebe - Love the scent in the beginning but lost interest after a few months. The scent is nice but not great

Stella Alpina - Didn't agree with the scent at all upon opening. Gave it to my brother in law after a week.

Any inputs are welcomed. Thanks!

I like Opuntia more than Cubebe, but that must be YMMV. None of them are very strong soap scents, so don't fear they will hang around, or over-ride something you apply afterwards.

My first SV soap was 70th Anniversary, the old Beta 4.1 version, which was a good (and not strong) scent. Approximately as good as Opuntia.

I have not bought any of the aftershaves.

I like Opuntia more than Cubebe, but that must be YMMV. None of them are very strong soap scents, so don't fear they will hang around, or over-ride something you apply afterwards.

My first SV soap was 70th Anniversary, the old Beta 4.1 version, which was a good (and not strong) scent. Approximately as good as Opuntia.

I have not bought any of the aftershaves.

I'm leaning towards Opuntia after reading your post. Have by any chance you tried Morado?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My vote, since I don't own any SV soaps? Buy one of their amazing shaving brushes.... If you like a nice badger brush, it's unlikely you'll be disappointed.... Of course, the usual YMMV applies. I like them so much I own tree of them: two Cocobolo handles, gold and silver crowns, and a Faux Turtle Shell, gold crown.

My vote, since I don't own any SV soaps? Buy one of their amazing shaving brushes.... If you like a nice badger brush, it's unlikely you'll be disappointed.... Of course, the usual YMMV applies. I like them so much I own tree of them: two Cocobolo handles, gold and silver crowns, and a Faux Turtle Shell, gold crown.

Oh you are not wrong there! I've been eyeing them for so long. They are completely sold out where I am located. The distributor is unable to provide a date as to when they will receive stock.

Oh you are not wrong there! I've been eyeing them for so long. They are completely sold out where I am located. The distributor is unable to provide a date as to when they will receive stock.
I second their brush. Luxury shaves . I've had mine 2 years. Not a hair lost either. Maybe order direct or SV.

I own 70th, Opuntia, Morado and Argania. They are all superb. I have found that the lathering and longer lasting scents are in the Morado and Argania. I don't know why but to me that seems to be the case. If you do get the soap, be sure to get the accompanying a/s also. They are so much better than trying to mix and match. YMMV.

I was looking at these two and the scent description seems great.

If pressed to only have either what would your personal pick be?

well Creed Aventus is my favorite of all scents I reckon so Opuntia that said quite a few other homage style of Creed Aventus so its lovely but not so unique as other companies have wonderful CA style scents that pay tribute maybe if that makes sense ;)

SO when I think SV the 70th pops into my head when I smell it I think SV so I view it as their signature scent again this is just how I view it :)
so it might be something more unique and the one to get if you were to press me
also I say that as you have some of their other scents so I am sure Opuntia will be the one to get after that :) hahahahahaha

BOTh is my real vote :) hahahaha

maybe my next Bday I will get one even though the RV Muhle is my fav that brush is a work of art
the SV pewter with the turtle base is my dream one form them

I own 70th, Opuntia, Morado and Argania. They are all superb. I have found that the lathering and longer lasting scents are in the Morado and Argania. I don't know why but to me that seems to be the case. If you do get the soap, be sure to get the accompanying a/s also. They are so much better than trying to mix and match. YMMV.
Seems that 70th and Opuntia are favourites here. However, I'm now curious of Morado and Argania. I don't have any wood scent profile in my current soap rotation. I'm now thinking of filling that gap. How would you describe the scents of Morado and Argania?

Seems that 70th and Opuntia are favourites here. However, I'm now curious of Morado and Argania. I don't have any wood scent profile in my current soap rotation. I'm now thinking of filling that gap. How would you describe the scents of Morado and Argania?
Argania is a stronger scent to me. It is bright and fresh. Morado is a deeper scent, clean and masculine. I am horrible with describing scent notes, so I won't even try. I will say that both are very good. I think the ingredients in both take the soap base to a different level. They appear richer, slicker and thirstier than the other SV products. No matter what you pick, you won't go wrong.

well Creed Aventus is my favorite of all scents I reckon so Opuntia that said quite a few other homage style of Creed Aventus so its lovely but not so unique as other companies have wonderful CA style scents that pay tribute maybe if that makes sense ;)

SO when I think SV the 70th pops into my head when I smell it I think SV so I view it as their signature scent again this is just how I view it :)
so it might be something more unique and the one to get if you were to press me
also I say that as you have some of their other scents so I am sure Opuntia will be the one to get after that :) hahahahahaha

BOTh is my real vote :) hahahaha

Opuntia smells a lot more like Nishane Hacivat than Aventus, at least to my nose. Of course, Hacivat is known to have been inspired by Aventus. But it's definitely its own scent.

SV offers a sampler pack of aftershaves where a body can get a pretty good idea of what their fragrances are like, if one doesn't wish to buy totally blind.

Top Bottom