What's new

Mystic Water Shave Soap

Reading the posts in this thread, I am fearful that I may be developing SAD regarding Mystic Water Soaps! Thanks, folks, :tongue_sm
Eric

Not to worry, Eric, as I have already experienced this starting four years ago and this is, really, the only soap I use now and have been using, consistently, for all of this time. :biggrin1:
Good to hear you are enjoying the soap.

One if the other nice things about MW is her great samples. They are generous in size and cost the same per ounce as her refill pucks. I'd recommend buying 6 samples and 6 dollar tree salsa bowls (one for each - they are 2 for a dollar and are great for holding samples ). That's enough soap and scent variety to keep most people satisfied for months.

The addiction comes on quickly, best of luck with it :laugh:
I just got an order of Sensitive, Maestrale, and a couple samples thanks to the great Celestino. That man's collection of MW soaps is like a candy store.
I'm going to hold off on reviewing Sensitive until I have more than one shave on it, but the scent is nice, for an almost scentless product. There is a very light grain-like scent, from the Buckthorn, I think, but it's barely noticeable and not really a scent. The sample of Windjammer that I have is what I would call a very good take on Old Spice, Michelle did a very good job of that one. Pictures to follow once I lather some up.

This celestino guy causes shortages of everything I want by himself! He obviously has impeccable taste, but leave a few for the rest of us, eh? 😂

A few of the MW scents that I see mentioned regularly on here I really really like. Irish Traveller is spectacular, I can take a puck and just smell it while I watch tv lol. I also love Adirondack Jack and Cedar & Sage. But one scent I pretty much never see mentioned is Sweet Briar. It's a pipe tobacco scent and, to me, it...is...awesome. Not sure why it doesn't get any love, it's fantastic.

A few of the MW scents that I see mentioned regularly on here I really really like. Irish Traveller is spectacular, I can take a puck and just smell it while I watch tv lol. I also love Adirondack Jack and Cedar & Sage. But one scent I pretty much never see mentioned is Sweet Briar. It's a pipe tobacco scent and, to me, it...is...awesome. Not sure why it doesn't get any love, it's fantastic.

Totally agree about sweet briar. My favorite MW scents are Orange Vanilla, Sweet Briar, and Vanilla Sandalwood. Cuppa Joe is the one scent of hers I haven't tried yet that I really want to.

The addiction comes on quickly, best of luck with it :laugh:
I just got an order of Sensitive, Maestrale, and a couple samples thanks to the great Celestino. That man's collection of MW soaps is like a candy store.
I'm going to hold off on reviewing Sensitive until I have more than one shave on it, but the scent is nice, for an almost scentless product. There is a very light grain-like scent, from the Buckthorn, I think, but it's barely noticeable and not really a scent. The sample of Windjammer that I have is what I would call a very good take on Old Spice, Michelle did a very good job of that one. Pictures to follow once I lather some up.
Thanks, Mitchell and I hope you enjoy the Sensitive Skin and Maestrale! :001_smile

This celestino guy causes shortages of everything I want by himself! He obviously has impeccable taste, but leave a few for the rest of us, eh? 
:biggrin1:
I'm blaming celestino for the lack of Bay Rum availability for my order.
I haven't ordered any Bay Rum for almost 2 years, now. My stash is quite large as it is. :001_smile

This is the nicest Pipe Tobacco scent I have tired, so far. :001_smile

Order Monday and arrive Thursday. That's quick shipping right there.
And I got a little extra sample of the new Ginger Cranberry Pear. Sorely tempted to start 2016 right now.

Ginger Cranberry Pear will fill your bathroom with the smell of Christmas. Smells like baking a ginger cranberry pear pie with nutmeg and cinnamon. I could almost taste the sweet pastry.
One of my best shaves of the year. Looking forward to using this sample over the next week. 2016 is going to be great.

MWS Sensitive Skin gave me the best feel on my face of any product ever. But I was having issues getting the lather just right. Too thin by the second pass. It was all me, not the soap. Too new to DE, too many variables, and the like. I didn't know which blades I prefer, my technique was all over the place, and I had samples from several different soap makers. It just seemed like every day was a different soap or blade or brush.

But the Sensitive skin formula left me feeling great; not dry, not irritated (unless I nicked or burned myself: newbie!). By Thanksgiving, I had used up my sample. I ordered a tub, which came the other day. So this morning, armed with info gleaned from old threads here and KJ's videos, I spent an hour or so perfecting my technique and seeing how my different brushes work. the brushes are all inexpensive, an Ambroley best badger (from the web retailer taking over the world), and two Omega brushes, one synthetic and one boar. I found I prefer the synthetic and the badger. So glad I spent the time, as it was fun and now I feel more confident that today's shave will not only leave my face feeling great, but will also not have me rushing to beat the lather breaking down!

Here is the badger (left) and synthetic after a few minutes:
$20151207_100557.jpg

And the next three show the lather after a few seconds (11:31), ten minutes later, and almost an hour later!
$20151207_103408.jpg$20151207_104540.jpg$20151207_113444.jpg

I just love this soap! Now, given the discussions preceding my posts, I am off the Mystic website to look at samples of the scents you all have raved about!

MWS Sensitive Skin gave me the best feel on my face of any product ever. But I was having issues getting the lather just right. Too thin by the second pass. It was all me, not the soap. Too new to DE, too many variables, and the like. I didn't know which blades I prefer, my technique was all over the place, and I had samples from several different soap makers. It just seemed like every day was a different soap or blade or brush.

But the Sensitive skin formula left me feeling great; not dry, not irritated (unless I nicked or burned myself: newbie!). By Thanksgiving, I had used up my sample. I ordered a tub, which came the other day. So this morning, armed with info gleaned from old threads here and KJ's videos, I spent an hour or so perfecting my technique and seeing how my different brushes work. the brushes are all inexpensive, an Ambroley best badger (from the web retailer taking over the world), and two Omega brushes, one synthetic and one boar. I found I prefer the synthetic and the badger. So glad I spent the time, as it was fun and now I feel more confident that today's shave will not only leave my face feeling great, but will also not have me rushing to beat the lather breaking down!

Here is the badger (left) and synthetic after a few minutes:
View attachment 620613

And the next three show the lather after a few seconds (11:31), ten minutes later, and almost an hour later!
View attachment 620615View attachment 620616View attachment 620617

I just love this soap! Now, given the discussions preceding my posts, I am off the Mystic website to look at samples of the scents you all have raved about!

Good stuff! You have discovered my absolute favorite soap, it's the only one I use now. The scented soaps are great if your skin can tolerate it, but I can't get enough of the Sensitive formula!

Top Bottom