What's new

The outcome of my shaving program

As a college RA who wetshaves, I had at idea for a program where I would give away DE kits and teach my residents how to shave. I started a thread it the BST and received generous donations. As a result, I was able to put together and give out six complete DE and SE kits.

The program ran as follows. I got a number of residents together and gave a brief overview of wetshaving. I showed them both straight and DE kits, explained the things in common and the differences. I discussed shaving prep, lather development, shaving technique, and the deprep.

I then gave out kits to the first residents who signed up, and did a demo shave. I had wanted to shave with a DE to show them technique that they could apply, but they were more interested in seeing me shave with a straight. Since I prefer straights, I was happy to oblige. After I shaved, one of the residents volunteered to shave himself as I watched and commented.

I'd say the program was a success, thanks to the generous contributions of members here and over at SRP. If there are other forum members who also work in ResLife, this would be a great program to try out.

very cool. It was in college that I dropped DE shaving in favor of cartridges. There is a time and a place for everything...it is called college.

wow sounds pretty cool. my RA got really drunk and crapped his bed. not sure which is cooler though.

out of sheer interest where are you an RA and how many people showed up?

I wish my RA was as cool as you when I was in college. He made a mean margarita, but that was his only saving grace.

It just so happens that I make a mean margarita as well. But of course, I keep those away from my residents and drink responsibly.

wow sounds pretty cool. my RA got really drunk and crapped his bed. not sure which is cooler though.

out of sheer interest where are you an RA and how many people showed up?

I'd hope that a good program is cooler that crapping one's bed.
I'm located at the University of Rochester (for about 2 more weeks).

I'm also curious about the number of residents that came. Either way, glad to hear your idea was a success.

To answer you and crocto, I had only three show up initially (even though 6 signed up for the kits), but more filtered in and out, and I'd say at least fifteen total got some part of it. As far as programming around here goes, I'd say it was a good turnout.

It just so happens that I make a mean margarita as well. But of course, I keep those away from my residents and drink responsibly.

I'd hope that a good program is cooler that crapping one's bed.
I'm located at the University of Rochester (for about 2 more weeks).

To answer you and crocto, I had only three show up initially (even though 6 signed up for the kits), but more filtered in and out, and I'd say at least fifteen total got some part of it. As far as programming around here goes, I'd say it was a good turnout.

that's actually not that bad. i know there's a ton of fun to be had in rochester. just think though. that's 15 people who might just get fed up with "eh" shaves. do some searching or come and ask you. and we'll have 15 more cult...err board members.

Top Bottom