What's new

VA Newbie Checking In

After several weeks of lurking and watching youtube videos, I decided to give DE shaving a go. I ordered up an EJ DE89, an EJ best badger brush and a puck of Taylor of Old Bond Jermyn Street. I got the razor before the brush and soap so I decided to try my first couple of shaves with just Barbasol and the Derby blades that came with the razor. It was okay, but I wasn't getting great shaves. I popped a Feather blade in the razor and it was a night and day difference. My shaves improved immediately. Yesterday, I finally got my brush and soap so this morning I had my first wet shave. I got a beautiful lather (beginners luck I guess?) and had my best shave ever. Suffice it to say, I am hooked! Looking forward to learning a lot more from this community and eventually trying my hand with straights!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to the forum Its great to have you here. Congrats on a great start to your DE shaving journey! :)

Last edited:
After several weeks of lurking and watching youtube videos, I decided to give DE shaving a go. I ordered up an EJ DE89, an EJ best badger brush and a puck of Taylor of Old Bond Jermyn Street. I got the razor before the brush and soap so I decided to try my first couple of shaves with just Barbasol and the Derby blades that came with the razor. It was okay, but I wasn't getting great shaves. I popped a Feather blade in the razor and it was a night and day difference. My shaves improved immediately. Yesterday, I finally got my brush and soap so this morning I had my first wet shave. I got a beautiful lather (beginners luck I guess?) and had my best shave ever. Suffice it to say, I am hooked! Looking forward to learning a lot more from this community and eventually trying my hand with straights!

It's not beginner luck, you're what we call a NS>Natural shaver.

Top Bottom