What's new

Tony Miller ~ What's the difference between the Heirloom line and Old No.2?

I need a new strop.

No, I WANT a new strop. Nothing wrong with the Tony Miller Heirloom Horsehide I have other than it looking a little ratty. I am the second owner and the first had pasted the back of the linen. Over time, the leather has discolored. I don't use pastes and the discoloration annoys me so...

I want a new strop.

I absolutely love the light draw of the horsehide. What material were the Old No.2 strop made from?

I have an Heirloom Old #2 and it's steer hide. Note, its both an Heirloom AND a #2. (ah, just realized, its also an "Artisan" so that may make a difference)

Either way: Love it!

proxy.php

Last edited:
That just complicates things. I have a feeling I am not going to find what I want. Essentially the strop you've pictured but in horsehide. Those are the exact color combo I want in horsehide.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
You can ask Tony if he plans to make any more horsehide strops, but I haven't seen him offer one in years. Maybe post a WTB?

Tony doesn't make HH strops anymore? That's a shame.

Nope... Per my emails with Tony, he was having challenges with obtaining the HH blanks that were up to par. He did say he MIGHT be producing them again if he can find the right supplier.. One can hope.

I am ordering a steerhide strop from Tony, to see how it compares to the HH I have now, but I also have a Scrupleworks Horween oil tanned HH coming for comparison...

Top Bottom