What's new

Our small b&b honing meet up

We had a small B&B honing meet up yesterday in Arkansas. When I say small, I mean David and I got together for some opening day duck hunting and honing... I had a blast and want to publicly want to express my gratitude and show off how much of an awesome guy David is. He took me out for my first ever duck hunt, and it was quite a successful one I might add. Afterwards we showed off our rock collection and did a few hours of honing. Thanks again David, you're the man!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416761412.491157.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416761426.025885.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416761442.007211.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416761610.240793.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, very cool of you David! Thanks for posting the pics too Noel. That is an awful lot of coticule there!

Looks like a great day of hunting, followed by honing. I grew up in LIttle Rock and Pine Bluff. I still know many, many folks in the LR area. Guaranteed we know some/many of the sane folks. And on a scondary/non-hijcking note: HOW BOUT THOSE HOGS!! WPS!!

Also, I hunted that area tons growing up and hunting The Scatters (Stuttgart). I don't hunt much anymore, living in Fla, the hunting of anything can't compare to hunting in Arkansas. Now fishing is another story!

Last edited:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
It was a great time and I really enjoyed meeting Noel and getting to try out so many different stones. Noel had about 60 pounds of belgian real estate in his backpack.

Great trip indeed- a first time duck hunt like that can ruin a fellow! Is that a lone blackduck there on the left?

Great trip indeed- a first time duck hunt like that can ruin a fellow! Is that a lone blackduck there on the left?
That was my thought exactly. You're going to be difficult to satisfy after that hunt.But is it really duck hunting if no one loses a toe to frostbite?

No blackducks on this trip. I think that's a gadwall.

Ahh yes that could be it.. Blacks are the primary puddle duck we get up here, pond mallards are not very accessible unless we get a real hard freeze and the ponds get hard and the birds are pushed out to the salt marshes.

That was my thought exactly. You're going to be difficult to satisfy after that hunt.But is it really duck hunting if no one loses a toe to frostbite?

Haha, that's the truth.

Makes me wish I lived around there. Tell me you're butchering all those ducks; would be a massive waste of several hundred dollars of tastiness, otherwise.

David

Ian all of the ducks were cleaned and frozen...wouldn't dare let them go to waste.
It was a good time. Makes me want to attend a larger meet in the future. That's the first time I've ever sat down with someone that was in to wet shaving/honing, and being able to try all the different stones was sweet. Noel has a lot of killer stones-one In particular, a 6x2 LPB was one of the best cotis I've ever used.

I believe it. My vintage LPB has a VERY unique feel. Similar to LV's, not my favorite finish, but a really enjoyable stone to work on.

I don't hunt (but I eat what my friends being me) and haven't been lucky at honing but it's nice to see a thread that so naturally demonstrates how the simple things in life can bring so much joy. Nice work, fellas.

David

VERY unique feel is spot on. Hard to describe...not necessarily pleasant feedback, but the end results were amazing. I tried pretty hard to take that one home with me.

Top Bottom