What's new

Our small b&b honing meet up

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Surprised you didn't mention the one and only jnat on the table Jeremy. Can you spot it?

A is apache?
C is Jnat?
What's B?

Attachments

• $stones.jpg
    $stones.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 49
And neither of you will sell me/trade me one of your real prize cotis?
C'mon Jeremy, I offered you #69 from the Coticule vault. Apparently it wasn't to your liking, or any one else's...:mad3: Oh well. It's a purdy stone, I guess I'll have to hang on to it for a while longer. It was really good to get to sit down with David and see someone else hone in person. It was also fun to watch him keep picking up that 6x2 LPB. He did swipe a slurry stone that he gave to me. You have to watch out for that guy, he's an Indian giver. :lol:

I almost bought that stone. Really - I was seriously considering it. I never consciously owned a stone from the vault.
Back when the vault was rockin' and I was first getting into sharpening forums (early 2000s) - I could not get with the way they sold stuff. Post to buy it and wait for a message about it being yours or some such thing. No - sorry, not for me.
Now I wish I would have picked one up back then.

Back on topic - is anyone from the trip going to do a Confit?
Just about my favorite meal in the whole world... so, just wondering.

C'mon Jeremy, I offered you #69 from the Coticule vault. Apparently it wasn't to your liking, or any one else's...:mad3: Oh well. It's a purdy stone, I guess I'll have to hang on to it for a while longer. It was really good to get to sit down with David and see someone else hone in person. It was also fun to watch him keep picking up that 6x2 LPB. He did swipe a slurry stone that he gave to me. You have to watch out for that guy, he's an Indian giver. :lol:

Noel, it IS a gorgeous stone BUT you didn't sell the edges it produces well enough :p I've had 6 'pretty' coticules, two were THAT close to being a great stone but just didn't hit it. I'm looking for a GREAT stone :)

Noel, it IS a gorgeous stone BUT you didn't sell the edges it produces well enough :p I've had 6 'pretty' coticules, two were THAT close to being a great stone but just didn't hit it. I'm looking for a GREAT stone :)

Haha no worries Jeremy. Im hesitant to "sell" the edge because I'm still a noob at this honing stuff, and I can't always get a perfect edge every time. Sometimes I struggle, especially because I haven't devoted enough time to one single stone.

I almost bought that stone. Really - I was seriously considering it. I never consciously owned a stone from the vault.
Back when the vault was rockin' and I was first getting into sharpening forums (early 2000s) - I could not get with the way they sold stuff. Post to buy it and wait for a message about it being yours or some such thing. No - sorry, not for me.
Now I wish I would have picked one up back then.

Back on topic - is anyone from the trip going to do a Confit?
Just about my favorite meal in the whole world... so, just wondering.

Keith, I've never cooked duck before, but I think I'm going to try this recipe. It looks pretty simple and delish!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Seared-Duck-Breast-with-Cherries-and-Port-Sauce-353376

Top Bottom