What's new

Gillette silver blues are the blade for me.

I have been getting the best shaves of my life with these blades every single shave. I have no doubt my technique is improving, but the drastic shift from Sharks (which were giving me pretty good shaves, but usually a couple nicks) and Astras (seemed like it took a ton of effort to get a close comfortable shave) to these is like night and day. I was getting pretty good shaves before, but in two different razors (fatboy and a '57 tech with a utopia handle) I have gotten a BBS shave every time with zero irritation and only the occasional weeper. I'll try this blade in my LC New next, but so far I'm loving this blade. Not saying this will be the blade for everyone, but it has finally made wet shaving with a vintage razor really enjoyable.

Just thought I'd share my success story.

Congrats on your success. GSB and Voskhods are my favorites. Always give me a close smooth shave in all of my razors.

Yep, they're nice blades. Lasters too - can get 6 or 7 shaves from mine in any razor except my R41 which is an absolute blade muncher (steep angle methinks).

I'm certain that Feather blades are sharper and last longer...but I bought 500 GSBs because I love shaving with these blades. I don't know what makes them so smooth, but it works for me.

I saw one eBay vendor selling blocks of 1000 blades for a discount. Makes sense to me, especially with the vague rumors about the GSB's demise. But I'm not running out!

I cached a few hundred of these as it's easily a top 5 blade for me. I only wish I had been able to buy more of the Gillette Platinum before the price went through the roof as I like them just as well. :mad3:

I'm certain that Feather blades are sharper and last longer...but I bought 500 GSBs because I love shaving with these blades. I don't know what makes them so smooth, but it works for me.

I saw one eBay vendor selling blocks of 1000 blades for a discount. Makes sense to me, especially with the vague rumors about the GSB's demise. But I'm not running out!

I just loaded up my FaTip Grande with one for OCtober. First time in a while that I've tried it.

What are the rumors about the GSB? I've heard nothing about them ceasing in production.

GSBs are my absolute favorite! So much so I bought a 1,000 (seriously, I did).

Put a fresh GSB in a Fatboy and it's pure heaven.

Israeli Personnas are a very close second, followed by Lord Platinums.

Still and all, I recommend those new to DE shaving start with Personna Blues. Very forgiving.

There are plenty of GSBs available from lots of distributors, but a number of Russian blades have run out, then went into production again. If you find a blade you really, really like - get them in bulk quantities. If you're wrong, you can use the blades in your stock; if you're right, you'll never run out of your favorite blade.

Yes, I was an Astra SP fan until I tried GSB, they're just a bit smoother and have much better longevity so I made the switch

Top Bottom